Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller for 2 kids 18 months apart

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 2:40 pm
Does anyone have a double stroller they like? I need it to be pretty maneuverable, and hopefully lightweight because I live on the 4th floor. I won't use it so much that I need a jogger or anything really high end, mostly Shabbos and walks of a mile or so.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 3:08 pm
I use the city mini double for my kids who are a year and a half apart. I love it. It's easy to push and pretty easy to maneuver. I don't know anything about the newer versions (elite etc) but I'd bet those are even easier.

rachel91

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 3:11 pm
Mountainbuggy duet, it's quite light and narrow.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 3:23 pm
City Mini DOuble (you can get the GT for a bit more money, but the regular city mini is lighter)

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 3:47 pm
teawithlemon wrote:
City Mini DOuble (you can get the GT for a bit more money, but the regular city mini is lighter)

The citi mini tips. And can start rolling itself if u don't hold onto it all the time. That was my experience with it

gande

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 3:47 pm
I'm putting in my word for city mini double. I'm using mine for the 3rd time around. Very lightweight, easy to fold and maneuverable.

musicmom

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 7:36 pm
Valco Trimode - smooth ride, fits through EVERY doorway, every time, and you can add a third seat and a boogie board if necessary. Also, good market value on CL.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 7:46 pm
My kids are 16 months apart
I really liked this stroller for the first 4 months because it allowed my toddler to face out and for my newborn to face me (and you can also place a car seat instead of the seat). After 4/5 mos, as your kids get heavier, the stroller becomes heavier, but I didn't mind it too much.
http://www.amazon.com/Contours.....tions
(note: I did not buy it when it was discontinued. If you are interested, please research why the stroller was discontinued before buying it).

I also have the mountain buggy duet, and it is AMAZING. Especially for long walks (I walk A LOT and do not have a car). But it is more expensive than the above stroller.
It is also relatively narrow (the most narrow side-by-side stroller that I have seen) and it's relatively easy to fit through doors, store aisles, etc.
http://www.amazon.com/Mountain.....+duet

Lastly, I really like this stroller. I do not own it but I do own their single stroller -- it is AMAZING. The push is so smooth, and the wheels are like bike wheels. It's also under $200. Pretty unbeatable price.
http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Tre.....oller
(again, discontinued for some reason. Hmm...)

bluejay

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 11:41 pm
tweety1 wrote:
The citi mini tips. And can start rolling itself if u don't hold onto it all the time. That was my experience with it

I've used the citi mini double with my first and second and continued through my third and fourth- it is still in great shape and I must say that I've never found it tipping or rolling- just put the break on. I found that it grew with my needs, at times the seats were layed back and I had all four kids in it fitting just fine!

Rodent

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 11:45 pm
Whatever you do don't get side by side. The only exception is maybe a bugaboo donkey. Otherwise forward and back only.

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 3:54 am
Uppababy Vista with a rumble seat? It will be lighter and more compact than a side by side - but I personally don't have any experience with it yet.
I had the Baby Jogger City Mini and hated it. As soon as the kids are bigger its a pain to push and manuver.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 4:08 am
I'm very happy with my city mini double. It's side-by-side. I've tried pushing a few other ones (from neighbors etc) but they were too heavy. I like it because it's lightweight and very easy to maneuver and fold. The only downside is that it's wide and the doors in EY tend to not accomodate!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics