Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Need advice, traveling with infant for the first time!

sv123

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 7:53 pm
We are traveling to Israel in a few days and having a stopover in Moscow for a few hours. I'm so nervous and anxious about flying with a baby. Unfortunately It's taking away from my excitement to go to Israel. Please give me any advice you have to ease me my mind about the flight and traveling around Israel since we are not renting a car or bringing a car seat! Thanks!

miami85

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 7:56 pm
sv123 wrote:
We are traveling to Israel in a few days and having a stopover in Moscow for a few hours. I'm so nervous and anxious about flying with a baby. Unfortunately It's taking away from my excitement to go to Israel. Please give me any advice you have to ease me my mind about the flight and traveling around Israel since we are not renting a car or bringing a car seat! Thanks!

How are you getting to/from the airport in US and Israel? Unless you are taking the bus everywhere you go, you'll likely need a car seat--you can gate check a car seat and it doesn't count as "a piece of luggage"

sv123

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 7:59 pm
Well we are gonna have a car seat to go to the airport in the US but probably not in Israel. We were planning on taking a sherut and just holding the baby. I know it's not ideal and it makes me nervous but I hear that's what everyone does on public transportation

sped

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 8:31 pm
I always take a car seat. Often, you can get an extra.empty seat next to you and put the baby in the car seat. It makes all the difference!

sv123

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:01 pm
Since the baby will be 3 months old, we were planning on taking the stroller and bassinet and checking it in at the gate. I think it would be too much to take the car seat too.

Mal 1

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:17 pm
I'm always traveling with kids, I would never take a car seat. Get a baby kangaroo if you don't have one yet, and make sure to get a baby bassinet for the flight (you can usually call the airline 24 hours before the flight to reserve the bassinet but it's not confirmed until you get to the airport)

sv123

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:31 pm
We called and they said they are all reserved already! I have a baby carrier so I will be wearing the baby for most of the flight. Has anyone flown Transaero before? Is it as horrible as people claim?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics