Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Babies make money, so sad
1  2  Next

Tweedy

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 2:13 am
Hard to believe, But it’s happening all over the USA!!!
Wake up America!!!
The new breadwinner in the family...

An emergency room physician told me that a woman in her late 20's came to the ER today with her 8thpregnancy.

She told the first doctor she saw: "My Mama told me that I am the breadwinner for the family." He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies, and babies get money from the State for the family. It goes like this:

The Grandma calls the Department of Child & Family Services, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids. DCFS agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.

The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a check for $1500 per child each month in Illinois . Total yearly income: $144,000
Tax-free and nobody has to go to work!

In fact, they get more if there is no husband/father/man in the home!

Not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid), plus a monthly card entitling them to free groceries and a voucher for 250 free Obamaphone minutes each month. This does not include WIC and other welfare benefits...that they are "entitled" to.

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family. And now we are hopelessly
Overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole....

No wonder our country is broke!

Worse, the Muslims have been paying attention, and by mandating that each Muslim family have eleven children, they will soon replace the voting bloc above and can be running this country within 25 years. Read the above again, until it sinks in, and then ask yourself if your Children, Grandchildren, and Great Grandchildren will survive these severe changes to America !!!

Are You alarmed yet? Is anybody listening? Is this a GREATCOUNTRY or what....? Don't forget to pay your taxes! There are a lot of "breadwinners" depending on you..forward this to as many as you can!!!!

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 2:22 am
There are so many wrong statements here that I'm not going to bother to get started.

I think the worst/funniest part is where it talks about Muslims like they're the Borg or something.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 2:35 am
Wow. Just wow. I gotta tell ya I know lots of people that are worried about Muslims taking over the world but this is quite a new spin. Points for originality.

Just so you know:
A) the maximum number of foster kids in any home is usually 5 or 6

B) there is no Muslim rule to have 11 children. I do know of another religion famous for having lots of kids, though..

C) starting your OP off by saying you yourself spoke with a physician, and then ending with the request to email forward it really makes the whole thing seem extra legit. Not spammy at all.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 3:31 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Wow. Just wow. I gotta tell ya I know lots of people that are worried about Muslims taking over the world but this is quite a new spin. Points for originality.

Just so you know:
A) the maximum number of foster kids in any home is usually 5 or 6

B) there is no Muslim rule to have 11 children. I do know of another religion famous for having lots of kids, though..

C) starting your OP off by saying you yourself spoke with a physician, and then ending with the request to email forward it really makes the whole thing seem extra legit. Not spammy at all.

This. People who live in glass shouses should think before throwing crazy stones.

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 4:46 am
hey there is a big difference between having lots of children and lying to receive benefits you are not entitled to. But I doubt this is a widespread issue, the social services can't be that stupid.

Also, if you copy and paste off the internet please acknowledge you did so.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:55 am
Always check Snopes. This one contains at least two different messages that have been Snoped.

http://www.snopes.com/politics.....r.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics.....e.asp

Tweedy

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 7:47 am
Just clarify I didn't write this and have no idea who did. I got it in my mailbox from a doctor and wanted to hear what you all think about this. ICe never even been to America. I posted too quickly eithout asking my question. What do you think ?

imasoftov

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 7:57 am
Tweedy wrote:
Just clarify I didn't write this and have no idea who did. I got it in my mailbox from a doctor and wanted to hear what you all think about this. ICe never even been to America. I posted too quickly eithout asking my question. What do you think ?

Did a doctor send it to you? Or did you get an email from someone who isn't a doctor, but you saw that it starts by mentioning an unnamed "emergency room physician"?

What I think is that people should check snopes.com before forwarding emails on further.

Tweedy

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:05 am
Raisin wrote:
hey there is a big difference between having lots of children and lying to receive benefits you are not entitled to. But I doubt this is a widespread issue, the social services can't be that stupid.

Also, if you copy and paste off the internet please acknowledge you did so.

Please see above. Internet got stuck and it seems it posted too quickly!

Tweedy

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:08 am
imasoftov wrote:
Did a doctor send it to you? Or did you get an email from someone who isn't a doctor, but you saw that it starts by mentioning an unnamed "emergency room physician"?

What I think is that people should check snopes.com before forwarding emails on further.

No a doctor sent it to me in my email , someone I know. And I wanted to see what's the story (from Americans ) what is snopes?

Tweedy

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:10 am
[quote="imasoftov"]Did a doctor send it to you? Or did you get an email from someone who isn't a doctor, but you saw that it starts by mentioning an unnamed "emergency room physician"?

What I think is that people should check snopes.com before forwarding emails on further.[/quote

I don't know what snopes is but I didn't forward to anyone just posted here up for a discussion

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:21 am
The details of the email posted may or may not be accurate, but the concept about people abusing the government programs system (sadly this includes many frum Jews which is embarrassing) is a concern to me as a tax payer. So is the growing Muslim population a concern to me; just look at Europe. I am surprised how many are so dismissive of these things. That said, anyone sending around emails filled with embellishments or outright lies should know it does nothing to bring others to your side.

nywife

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 9:09 am
I doubt many people are using the above scenario for a few reasons: What happens if grandma isn't approved as a foster parent? What happens if there's a permanent family who wants to adopt the child? Mom can't live with the children, so what mom would want to do that?

It all sounds exaggerated and far fetched. On the other hand, abuse of taxpayer money in ways like Medicaid fraud or lying to recieve food stamps is a lot more prevalent and applicable than this story.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 9:17 am
The money a person gets from fostering, food and etc is not enough to cover the living expenses of raising so many children. maybe if you dont need kosher food, tuition and yomtov, maybe.... but anyway, wont DFCS take the kids away eventually? and you dont need DFCS to be a foster parent. This is so strange.

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 9:24 am
Mama Bear wrote:
The money a person gets from fostering, food and etc is not enough to cover the living expenses of raising so many children. maybe if you dont need kosher food, tuition and yomtov, maybe.... but anyway, wont DFCS take the kids away eventually? and you dont need DFCS to be a foster parent. This is so strange.

foster parents do make money. Of course this would not work in a frum family due to the cost of tuition.

I have heard of (single) women having babies to receive benefits such as housing, where I live. That is so sad.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 9:55 am
Tweedy wrote:
I don't know what snopes is but I didn't forward to anyone just posted here up for a discussion

I previously posted two links to snopes.com in this thread, so why don't you see for yourself?

Jeanette

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:46 pm
While it's true that nobody's really cashing in on being a foster parent, it is unfortunately a fact that you can make more as a single parent on welfare than you can make with a legitimate job as a college graduate. Total welfare benefits can add up to $60,000 a year or more. There are many jobs requiring bachelor's or even master's degrees that pay significantly less than this.

anon for this

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:58 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Always check Snopes. This one contains at least two different messages that have been Snoped.

http://www.snopes.com/politics.....r.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics.....e.asp

Thanks.

I don't understand why people call those cell phones Obamaphones either. If anything they should be called Reaganphones (because he started the Lifeline program) or Bushphones (because he expanded the program to cellphones). Maybe they don't want to give a Republican president the blame/ credit?

Barbara

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 1:02 pm
Jeanette wrote:
While it's true that nobody's really cashing in on being a foster parent, it is unfortunately a fact that you can make more as a single parent on welfare than you can make with a legitimate job as a college graduate. Total welfare benefits can add up to $60,000 a year or more. There are many jobs requiring bachelor's or even master's degrees that pay significantly less than this.

How?

In New York, the most that you can receive per foster child is $709/month, or $8,508 per year.

The maximum food stamps you can receive are, what, not quite $200/month for the first person, less for each additional person. So we'll put it at $200, just to be generous. TANF, AIUI, has lifetime limits AND requires you to work. But at the max, its around $770. So between the two, you've got $11,640.

Or total of $20,148 per foster child.

Where is the additional $40,000 coming from?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 1:07 pm
I've seen that $60K figure tossed around for a number of years and yet after 8 pages of google results this morning I've seen nothing to support it except for claims from some right wing sites. Those sites did not source their data.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics