Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Childminder?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 8:36 am
I'm coming soon to ny and need some info on a childminder to leave my baby while I'm at a wedding and for my baby to sleep there that night. I'm from Europe so have no one else to ask, does anyone have any info on neiman babysitters on 13ave and 46th street, only ones I saw advertised. Or does anyone have any recommendations I'm staying in boro park near 13ave. Thanks

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
I'm coming soon to ny and need some info on a childminder to leave my baby while I'm at a wedding and for my baby to sleep there that night. I'm from Europe so have no one else to ask, does anyone have any info on neiman babysitters on 13ave and 46th street, only ones I saw advertised. Or does anyone have any recommendations I'm staying in boro park near 13ave. Thanks

Woah we Must really live in different worlds.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 8:45 am
• Perhaps you could ask the people making the wedding for suggestions on a babysitter.

• Sometimes the people making the wedding hire a babysitter on site, and might be willing to include your baby as you are coming from a long distance.

• If the baby is very young (like under 6 months), in my circles it would be acceptable to bring the baby to the wedding.

luppamom

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:34 am
[quote="Rubber Ducky"]• Perhaps you could ask the people making the wedding for suggestions on a babysitter.
o worth
• Sometimes the people making the wedding hire a babysitter on site, and might be willing to include your baby as you are coming from a long distance.

If the baby is very young (like under 6 months), in my circles it would be acceptable to bring the baby to the wedding.[/quote]

I would not do this. Simchas often have very loud music. Not good for anyone's ears, especially a little baby. What I did was I had my SIL choose some friends for me to come to the hall and watch my baby. I went to the baby for all the feedings (in the hall, but not near the music), the rest of the time, I was able to dance and enjoy the simcha w/o having to worry about the baby. For $8.00 an hr. IIRC (might be more where you live), this was sooo worth it for me.

If there are other babies, definitely think of hiring a few sitters for all of them. For simchas, I heard that sitters like to come in pairs and each mother pays one sitter. That's what I did.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 10:32 am
Yes, you can either get a sitter at the hall, or you can get someone to watch your baby where you'll be staying. Why are you looking to have the baby sleep over at a stranger's house?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 1:25 pm
The wedding is in Manhattan, and the baby's 10months she's very in routine by 6pm she will wanna be sleeping or we will kvetch and jet lagged. It's my brothers wedding so I wanna enjoy it, the Kala is from Manhattan so she doesn't know boro park childminders and stuff. So want reference of ppl who I can leave by, it's not fair to a ten month old to shlep her to make up apt, she it'll apt, I think she would be happier by someone for the day and night watching and playing with her

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 1:37 pm
OP, where are you sleeping that night? Why not get someone, recommended from your family, to stay there, wherever you are sleeping that night, and that way, the baby can sleep wherever you will be and you wont have to leave her with a stranger also in a strange place?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:36 pm
I'm going back into boro park I can fetch the baby, but need someone till late 2am even.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
I'm going back into boro park I can fetch the baby, but need someone till late 2am even.
right, so why dont you have someone come to wherever you are staying? Doesnt that make so much more sense? that way if the girl wants to sleep already, she can and your baby does not have to be moved. Why is that not a good suggestion?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 3:32 pm
Yeh that would def work but being not from ny I don't know anyone, wish I could find an older girl who would do something like that

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 3:35 pm
amother wrote:
Yeh that would def work but being not from ny I don't know anyone, wish I could find an older girl who would do something like that
so, where aer you staying? at family? or are you being put up by family friends or something? why not ask the people that you are staying at if they have any recommendations?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:15 am
Staying in the avenue plaza

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:18 am
amother wrote:
Staying in the avenue plaza
ok. Im assuming that that is a hotel. so, who found you those accomadations? Do you know anyone in that area? Or whmever found you those accomadations should be able to help you find a babysitter to go to the hotel while you are away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics