Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD itching all over her private part. was up all night! Help

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 3:58 am
dd is four yrs old and was itching all over her bottom on friday night. She was up all night cuz she couldnt sleep cuz of it. I checked for redness etc. everything looked fine. By morning it was all gone and we put it behind us. last night same thing happened. Planning on takin her to the dr. anyone have any idea what it could be?

anon cuz I asked too many ppl. am feeling so helpless

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 3:59 am
Worms. The itchiness is either only at night or much worse at night. go to the doctor. Get medication for her. Feel better!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:01 am
could it be worms if it goes all the way to the front?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:03 am
amother wrote:
could it be worms if it goes all the way to the front?
yes. I have a friend whose daughter usually only gets worms in her v@gina. she asked the ped and he said its rare but it does happen.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:05 am
Thanks so much! Smile
will go to the dr today.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:44 am
Yes it's pinworms. Get a scrip for Vermox or buy over the counter pinex. it helps instantly. good luck.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:26 am
just gave her vermox. hoping for some peaceful nights Smile
Thank you all for ur help!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:37 am
It could be a yeast infection as well. That worsens at night and itches. Usually you would see redness, but it could just be internally. Has she taken antibiotics recently? You should discuss it with your child's pediatrician.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:39 am
I would give over the count deworming. Maybe even treat the family... dunno.

clowny

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 11:23 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
yes. I have a friend whose daughter usually only gets worms in her v@gina. she asked the ped and he said its rare but it does happen.

My daughter too also gets it in her v@gina. She gets it when she eats too many sweets. So I suggest - keep her away from sweets. The best thing that helps is I just take it out, I usually see it as soon as she starts complaining. Pinex has not helped for me.

Good luck.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 1:05 pm
Besides for the medication you have to wash linens and underwear in hot water, it's very catchy!

tryinghard

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:27 pm
clowny wrote:
My daughter too also gets it in her v@gina. She gets it when she eats too many sweets. So I suggest - keep her away from sweets. The best thing that helps is I just take it out, I usually see it as soon as she starts complaining. Pinex has not helped for me.

Good luck.

This is more likely a yeast infection, as the yeast fungus feeds on sugar

OP, another possibility may be vulvitis, which is an irritation of the area, treated with hydrocortisone cream

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:38 pm
Vermox is the ONLY thing that works for us. Pin-ex and the rest are useless. If one gets it, I treat the whole house, including the dogs (because that means that worms are active in the soil in our yard.) I do everyone's laundry on hot, including bedding and stuffed animals, just in case.

It's probably overkill on my part, but EEEEEEEW!!! Worms - do. not. want! shock

BTW, adults can get them and not be itchy. If you are very irritable, find yourself grinding your teeth, or have an annoying dry cough at night, you should definitely dose yourself, too. Gas and bloating can also be a sign, if combined with any of the above.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics