Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Advice Re:Corset
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 11:18 am
I recentlu purchased a corset to wear under clothing. I am a skinny girl with a pouchy stomach and some love handles. I got a corset that is amazing and I look so beyond skinny in it! however, the hooks show through many of my shirts.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to hide the hooks? I tried putting it on backwards but it didn't really work
anon cause I've been asking around

Side note: Is anyone else skinny with a stomach that has found a specific bra dog girdle VERY HELPFUL in completely flattening their stomach? if so, what brand?

Thanls!

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 11:33 am
Get one with hook and eyes and wear it inside out.

little_mage

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 1:36 pm
Try putting a piece of fabric/bias tape/ribbon over the hooks to provide another layer and smooth it out.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 2:03 pm
Which did you get? Maybe im interested in it as well.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 2:11 pm
amother wrote:
Which did you get? Maybe im interested in it as well.

Me too.

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 6:36 pm
If you have to hide what goes underneath, what goes on top is too tight, too thin or too clingy. Period.

I know you'll disagree. That's your problem.

sourstix

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 6:55 pm
I will agree with zaq

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:04 pm
Corsets were never meant to be worn with fabric that contains lycra. If you want a smooth look, try Spanx instead.

I adore corsets, and have several that were custom made for me. They are great for back support, especially on long car rides. Wear a corset with a cotton or silk blouse that is not form fitting, for the best look. A-line skirts will work very well with them. That way you will get an even more wasp-waist look.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:09 pm
zaq wrote:
If you have to hide what goes underneath, what goes on top is too tight, too thin or too clingy. Period.

I know you'll disagree. That's your problem.

This beyond Ticks me off. Why would you assume this? It shows through my COMPLETELY not tight old navy sweaters. its not like the entire thing pokes through-more like you see a vague line of bumps.

the company is Rago, model number 821

nywife

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:12 pm
I just googled the product number, how do you wear one without straps? I've tried spanks and others in the past and if they didn't have straps they would end up folding down and bunching when I sat

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:28 pm
I see the problem. I thought you were talking about a proper corset, not an elastic one with plastic boning.

The ones I have are spring steel boning and solid steel front closure, like this
http://www.darkgarden.com/products/cincher and
https://www.laceembrace.com/ca.....32850

Both companies are wonderful to work with, and will be happy to help you out with your wardrobe problems. In the meantime, I suggest you wear a tank top over your cincher hide the line of the hooks and protect your sweater from snagging.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:36 pm
I totally want a real corset like the ones they sell at orchard corset. I haven't gotten one because I think my husband will think I am crazy, they are expensive Andi am afraid I won't be able to hide the laces. I will be following this thread!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:43 pm
amother wrote:
I totally want a real corset like the ones they sell at orchard corset. I haven't gotten one because I think my husband will think I am crazy, they are expensive Andi am afraid I won't be able to hide the laces. I will be following this thread!

If you're going to get a proper steel boned corset, you absolutely must be professionally measured. Don't get fooled by the $100 preorder corsets off the rack, as they will most likely poke you in all the wrong places. Talk to your fitter about how to handle the laces, etc.

Corsets are exactly like sheitels. You get what you pay for, and they are only as good as the workmanship that goes into them and the materials used.

I can't imagine any DH not wanting DW to get a corset, especially if you get detachable garter straps and wear stockings. Offer to put on a fashion show for him! Wink

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:46 pm
I buy flexees waist cincher has bones no hooks feels and looks great

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:59 pm
Oy. Fifty years after The Feminine Mystique and women are voluntarily stuffing themselves back into corsets. You are setting women's progress back a hundred years. Why not go all the way and bring back hoopskirts and foot-binding?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:04 pm
zaq wrote:
Oy. Fifty years after The Feminine Mystique and women are voluntarily stuffing themselves back into corsets. You are setting women's progress back a hundred years. Why not go all the way and bring back hoopskirts and foot-binding?

Or other devices of torture

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:16 pm
I've owned my fair share of custom recreational corsets. There was a time when I considered 'shape wear' for my post menopausal body. I'm glad those moments of insanity passed after seeing some well turned out women with my body type.

I agree with zaq, this whole trend to daily shape wear is regressive.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:18 pm
zaq wrote:

Bras are from the Devil! Twisted Evil Same thing with any shoe that has a heel over 1 inch high. Of all the things to protest, corsets are hardly the worst thing to happen to womankind.

I have a custom made corset that took 3 initial fittings, a muslin mockup, and 2 final fittings. It is by far the most comfortable piece of underclothing I have ever worn. It takes 4 inches off my waist, and I barely even notice. It improves my posture and the back support is incredible. I'm not busty, so it provides just the right amount of support in front. It's this model https://www.laceembrace.com/ca.....32850 , but with more flare over the hips because I'm too pear shaped for standard off the rack corsets.

Don't knock it until you've tried one that fits every millimeter of your curves, and hugs you in all the right places!

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:20 pm
wow ~ a little too zexy wouldn't you say ... I thought only strippers wear those things

can you breathe in them ?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:23 pm
greenfire wrote:
wow ~ a little too zexy wouldn't you say ... I thought only strippers wear those things

can you breathe in them ?

Under the right circumstances they don't say on too long Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics