Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair accesssories and sheitel

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 2:08 pm
Is there a reason why people don't wear hair accessories with their sheitels, like crystal pins or barrettes? Is it because it is not in fashion? Is it because it is considered not tznius? Is it because people might think it's your hair? Is it because nowadays most sheitels people buy are luxurious and wearing them with a $2 clip attached to it would look weird? I am wondering.
Besides some chassidishe women who wear bands or hats over their sheitels, the only thing I see is bobby pins, or maybe a band while wearing a fall.

loveandpeace

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 2:23 pm
Go for it. It's pretty and feminine.

MamaBear

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 2:29 pm
They look weird on my sheitel. They don't lay flat against my head, but kind of hang on the wig because it's thicker than real hair. Wigs clipped away from the face often look wiggy too.

loveandpeace

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 2:47 pm
MamaBear wrote:
They look weird on my sheitel. They don't lay flat against my head, but kind of hang on the wig because it's thicker than real hair. Wigs clipped away from the face often look wiggy too.

U obviously can't pull it back that wud look weird. Something loose and nice like a flower on the side

zoom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 3:45 pm
I love putting flowers and clips in my wig. I often wear for weddings and special occasions and I used to wear hairbands also. I really like the look tho I find in my wig it has to look just right otherwise looks too wiggy. I think people r just afraid to stand out from the crowd...I think its really pretty...

MamaBear

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 3:53 pm
I'm too old for a flower in my hair Wink But on someone in their 20s, why not, especially in summer

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 3:55 pm
It could damage the sheitel.

For hats, hat pins might be better, they just skewer through without crimping.

imeinu

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 10:17 pm
I love these clips in my wig and lots of ppl I know put these clips in their wigs. They hold the hair gently back and don't give that wiggy look like a pony does. they are great for holding your hair back fully (large ones) or partially in a half back style.
http://www.headsuphairwear.com......html

champion

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 5:30 am
I do it.
I think people don't do it because nobody else does....
anyways in general it is harder to find the right accessory that wont look funny on a wig
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics