Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Need nice side dish idea for Friday night

anonymrs

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 12:55 am
Looking for side dish that looks pretty and very appetizing presentation but popular foods - nothing too different. Any ideas?

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:30 am
Saw in the binah hash browns with sauteed pastrami. I wanna try it. Looks delicious yet typical with a twist.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:43 am
What do you is serve as a side dish? That might give me the right direction to be able to suggest something.

chanie18

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:57 am
sauteed veggies? not so fancy, but if you use lots of different colors and serve it in a pretty bowl its definitely nice looking, and goes well with most mains.

someoneelse

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 7:29 am
I love grilled veggies- slices of different colored peppers, onion, mushrooms, zuchinni, snap peas or string beans. Drizzle with oil, grill in oven until soft and sprinkle with some balsamic vinegar before serving.

Also- mini zuchinnis- wash skin, make a few slices from bottom until top, leaving attached at top and fan out on a baking sheet. Put slices of fresh garlic and tomatoes between fans, drizzle with oil and bake until soft.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 7:47 am
Kugels made in muffin pans. Works with noodle kugels, pumpkin, butternut squash, carrot, etc.

Apple cherry crumble is sweet and pretty.

Grilled chicken salad.

Chicken wontons

The other week I added cubed sweet potatoes to my cranberry chicken and they came out delicious.

Imogen

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 9:51 am
Roasted butternut squash flavoured with garlic, rosemary, salt pepper and a dash of chili, mixed with fine green beans and jumbo raisins or cranberries. Incredibly easy and quick. Looks good too and goes well everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes