Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Yummy popcorn recipe?

muss

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 12:56 pm
Anyone have a really yummy easy popcorn recipe?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 1:32 pm
You mean to cook popcorn, or dress it up?

1/2 c unpopped kernels
1 c peanut butter
1/2 c (raw) honey
1 T vanilla
cinnamon to taste (optional)
Pop popcorn, set aside. Melt PB and honey over med/low heat till thoroughly combined. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over popcorn, mix, let cool slightly and serve.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 1:34 pm
I like nutritional yeast on my popcorn. First I spritz it with a bit of EVOO and then I sprinkle the yeast on it.

muss

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 1:48 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
You mean to cook popcorn, or dress it up?

1/2 c unpopped kernels
1 c peanut butter
1/2 c (raw) honey
1 T vanilla
cinnamon to taste (optional)
Pop popcorn, set aside. Melt PB and honey over med/low heat till thoroughly combined. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over popcorn, mix, let cool slightly and serve.

Thank you. Yes to dress it up.
I prefer a recipe that's nut free because of allergies - maybe like caramel or chocolate. but dont know how to do it
Thanks though

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:53 pm
Melt for 9 C of popped popcorn:

1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c margarine (you can use coconut oil or slightly less regular oil which changes the consistency a bit)
1/2 c light corn syrup (I have subbed this with maple syrup or honey)

Remove from heat and stir in:
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda

Immediately pour over popcorn and mix up. Spread out in a pan with parchment paper, and bake at 250 for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes (or it will burn -- keep an eye on it!)

queenert

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 3:22 pm
If you want REALLY easy just sprinkle in a little pepper flakes in the oil. Absolutely addicting.

cbsp

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 8:21 pm
The reviews (granted there were only 2) were great. The warning was that it is spicy so adjust accordingly

Buffalo Wing Popcorn
Bon Appétit | February 2015
Claire Saffitz
4/4 fork user ratingreviews ()100% make it again

yield:
12 Servings
ingredients

Nonstick vegetable oil spray
8 cups popped plain popcorn (from 1/2 cup kernels)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Original sauce
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
preparation

Preheat oven to 300°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat parchment and a large bowl with nonstick spray; add popcorn to bowl. Set baking sheet aside.

Bring sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over mediumhigh heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil, swirling pan occasionally, until caramel is a deep amber color, 10–12 minutes.

Remove from heat; stir in hot sauce and butter (mixture will bubble vigorously). Return to a boil and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salt, baking soda, and cayenne. Working quickly (and carefully—caramel will be very hot), pour caramel mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.

Spread out popcorn on prepared baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until dry, 15–20 minutes. Let cool.

Do ahead: Popcorn can be made 4 hours ahead. Store airtight at room temperature to keep out moisture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics