Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Schools around the country for kids with ADD

Sparkle

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:05 pm
Does anyone know of any schools anywhere in this country that do really well with kids with ADD? I mean mainstream frum schools (modern or yeshivesh) that can cope with kids who learn a little differently and don't have the greatest zitsfleish. Not bad kids, not violent kids, but great kids who just need a little bit more support.
I'm interested in both elementary schools and high schools.
TIA

amother

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:23 pm
Great question! Anyone know of one in Eretz Yisroel for high school age "chareidi".

Thanks!

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 4:37 pm
Following! So many people who would love to know... I haven't personally found any ideal place yet...

theotherone

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 5:20 pm
What country?

tryinghard

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 7:05 pm
Derech HaTorah in Rochester NY deals really well with all sorts of issues. This is not to say it's a special needs school, but as a small-community school, they end up with a lot of different things, since there arent many choices here. If you are interested, google them, and ask to speak with the principal - she is extremely open and accessible.

doctorima

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 8:03 pm
Maybe Shaarei Arazim in Monsey?

ettilou

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 6:33 pm
I have been searching for schools to build a list to help mothers. I have the names if some schools all over the US, but really it's a shidduch. BTW, I'm talking high schools. If anyone knows of schools in Queens or Brooklyn I would very much like to add those names. That's one area that seems to be sorely lacking. This is for on the derech , just out of the box boys. Small, patient, alternate methods of teaching the material, are primary. Pm me if you don't want to post or you want info on other high schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)