Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I am the laziest person I know
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 10:42 pm
OP here. Accdac, I have to tell you what just happened. As usual, I looked around at the mess and did the only rational thing one would do in this situation: sit down by the computer. Luckily, it was open to this thread, and I read your advice. As you said, I think the reason that timers have not worked consistently for me was that I know I always end up going beyond ten minutes. So I decided to try it right then. I told myself, ten minutes of folding laundry, then I will STOP and post my success story. So I did!!! Your advice was pretty powerful if it lured me away from the computer to do chores after 10 pm. So thank you!! One question, though. If you only reward yourself after three sets of ten, what do you do after you finish the first set of ten? Seems like I need more immediate rewards....

acccdac

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:03 am
amother wrote:
OP here. Accdac, I have to tell you what just happened. As usual, I looked around at the mess and did the only rational thing one would do in this situation: sit down by the computer. Luckily, it was open to this thread, and I read your advice. As you said, I think the reason that timers have not worked consistently for me was that I know I always end up going beyond ten minutes. So I decided to try it right then. I told myself, ten minutes of folding laundry, then I will STOP and post my success story. So I did!!! Your advice was pretty powerful if it lured me away from the computer to do chores after 10 pm. So thank you!! One question, though. If you only reward yourself after three sets of ten, what do you do after you finish the first set of ten? Seems like I need more immediate rewards....

well if you were a person with no motivation (I highly doubt it) I would say 10 min work, 10 minute reward.

But I think you are like me, if you put your head to something you can accomplish amazing things (like cleaning out all the toys on a random sunday afternoon, but not cleaning 1 dish, or folding 1 shirt, or even making dinner). I know that I am really capable of doing a lot if I stay on task.

So you have to be honest with yourself. Do you need 10/10? 20/10? 30/10? (btw....I use 15 minute increments so it ends up being a full hour, nice and pretty!)

For the other increments I do I different task. I try and chose the tasks by category. For example: first set is household chore, second set is something for family, third set is work, fourth set reward. It would look something like this:
15 minutes of cleaning/picking up house
15 minutes of preparing for my math class
15 minutes of preparing for my science class
15 minutes of computer time

15 minutes of cleaning/picking up house
15 minutes of making appointment (or dinner or mm)
15 minutes of preparing for my science class
15 minutes of computer time

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:11 am
I'm a horror with cleaning. I even launched a frum and EASY fly lady group on FB but it didn't take off. It was about a simple task a day.

A small step in the right direction... Last month or so, we all had a stomach bug and I called the emergency home visit thing. The doc was a young single frummie (lol!!) and he asked me "do you want me to help you clean up the living room". That's when I started telling myself omg I need to DO SOMETHING. Tongue Out

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:14 pm
I think there's a hidden forum
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics