Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Machine washable boys Shabbos suits?

rachel6543

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 7:41 pm
My son is almost 7. Is it possible to find a machine washable Shabbos suit ($30 dollars or under in price)? No wool. The only suits I've ever seen locally where I live are dry clean only. My son is really tough on clothes, not willing to spend a lot when he's tough on clothes and growing like a weed. Any links to where I could order online? Or if you have a gently used boys suit (size 7 or 8) that you're selling or giving away, please pm me.

Notsobusy

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 8:08 pm
I usually buy my son's suits at Burlington Coat Factory. I don't know if they are located anywhere near you, but you can order online from them. They have cheap suits, I doubt for under $30, probably more like $40-60, which is cheaper than anything I've seen anywhere else.

The suits usually say dry clean only, but I always wash them in the machine on a delicate cycle. I find they hardly end up wearing the jackets, so I may have to wash a jacket only once or twice, but I wash the pants weekly and they do fine.

rachel6543

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 8:14 pm
Thanks for the reply. There is a Burlington near me. I didn't think to try washing the dry clean on gentle.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 28 2015, 8:57 pm
I got my kids navy blazers and match up washable shabbos pants. The blazer is dry clean only, but is only worn to shul.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 3:28 am
I get from marks and spencer and they are washable. I wash on delicate and hang to dry. But they are more then $30 unless you get on sale.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 3:50 am
any suit I've ever bought for sonny boy went into the washing machine regardless of labels - the trick was that's all that went in - delicate spin & hang dry ... another trick was when the jacket was semi-dry I would put it on him & smooth it out - this way everything lay just the way it was supposed to

p.s. even if you can't afford wool, never get 100% polyester - try a blend with rayon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children