Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
My MM flopped - what now?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 7:32 am
I bought this [img]http://I.imager.com/LiWD6Ni.jpg[/

And the plan was to make coffee muffins which I was going to fill in with some tea bags.

Made the muffins ( which are as dry as anything - can't give those out) Puke and realized that the Steele bar in the centre of this thing is in the way of filling it up with anything.

Any ideas for last minute MM?
they are returnable. So I m not stuck with them.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 7:33 am

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 7:36 am
do you want to make something else? You could make biscotti or other long narrow cookies which would fit in the space.

You can just buy some chocolates and candies and fill the space too.

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 7:41 am
How about those chocolate covered coffee beans? Yum.

That plus some honey sticks and tea bags would be adorable.

Sorry your baking didn't work out. Hug

animeme

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 7:41 am
Muffins or cookies are one food. Tea bags are not prepared yet, so I don't think they count, and you would need something else, like candy or chocolates. Biscotti would work if you have them time.

You could do the whole thing with chocolate and have your theme be mocha instead of coffee.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 7:51 am
another vote for chocolate coffee beans + actual coffee packets http://store.starbucks.com/cof......html

cbg

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 10:11 am
Biscotti are thin and may fit with the middle stick. That with chocolate covered coffee beans and a small package of real coffee would be very nice.

Barbara

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 10:41 am
Biscotti, as others said. Add a small bag of chocolates and some coffee tied to the handle. Voila.

noosheen

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 10:47 am
Thank u! I like that I can make biscotti shouldn't be too hard.

kitov

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 10:51 am
Or chocolate coated pretzel rods,the two tips dipped in nut crunch or sprinkles.

tag

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:20 am
Peanut chews (rice crispy treats) covered with white or black chocolate sprinkle on coconut or sprinkles or cocoa powder!!!

miami85

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
I bought this [img]http://I.imager.com/LiWD6Ni.jpg[/

And the plan was to make coffee muffins which I was going to fill in with some tea bags.

Made the muffins ( which are as dry as anything - can't give those out) Puke and realized that the Steele bar in the centre of this thing is in the way of filling it up with anything.

Any ideas for last minute MM?
they are returnable. So I m not stuck with them.

I'm not a rav or posek, but I'm not sure that you can give tea bags or unprepared coffee--it has to be ready to eat.

I like the biscotti and coffee bean idea.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:11 pm
p.s. you can unscrew the push assembly & poke a hole with the rod through the muffin & then have the muffin sit on the mesh after screwing it back together ...

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:14 pm
you could put it one or two of those sugar sticks. (a wooden stick with sugar crystals covering the top half) that plus cookies would be two types of food.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:22 pm
miami85 wrote:
I'm not a rav or posek, but I'm not sure that you can give tea bags or unprepared coffee--it has to be ready to eat.

I like the biscotti and coffee bean idea.

IANAR but I believe that a food that requires essentially no preparation other than dissolving in hot water is perfectly fine. At least that's what it says in the mishna, that meat that can be cooked quickly is acceptable as matonos leevyonim, and in those days they had no microwave ovens or instant-dissolve foods.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:24 pm
Raisin wrote:
you could put it one or two of those sugar sticks. (a wooden stick with sugar crystals covering the top half) that plus cookies would be two types of food.

aka rock candy [if you were looking for the name]

zaq

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:30 pm
I would be thrilled to get the French press even if it contained two Sweet&Lows and a teabag! It would be just the ticket for Pesach since it is not worth getting a Pesachdik coffeemaker.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:34 pm
zaq wrote:
I would be thrilled to get the French press even if it contained two Sweet&Lows and a teabag! It would be just the ticket for Pesach since it is not worth getting a Pesachdik coffeemaker.

I was thinking I'd so take the french press - empty

kb

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:47 pm
Yeah... but if she puts biscotti or muffins in the French press, it's not "just the ticket for Pesach" anymore, is it??

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 12:48 pm
anyone have a biscotti recipe to recommend?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics