Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DS has tiny spots all over his face! What could it be?!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 12:11 am
(going anon here becasue I have asked a number ofpeople about it already IRL)

so, this is the story, ds aged 13 has broken out in dozens of tiny little colorless spots, like skin color, all over his forehead and cheeks! no it isn't acne. no it isnt chicken pox. it is itchy and annoying and his friends spent hte whole day in school staring and asking him what it was! maybe I shouldnt have sent him to school, it could be infectious, I just didnt thinkk about it, whoops!
Any similar experiences? What could it be?
(wish I could take him to doctor tomorrow, but I really just cant . dh is working all day on an important project and cant leave at all, and I am working all morning and then have two apointmetns in the afternoon!)

Advice please!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:17 am
impetigo? Did it start anywhere in specific and then spread out, or it all emerged at once?

abby1776

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:20 am
allergic reaction to something? like hives?

Leahh

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:35 am
It could be hives.
But seriously, why isn't going to the dr a priority? If you or DH can't take him ask a friend or relative or even let him go himself (if he has how to get there).
What if it is contagious? Is it fair to everyone he's exposing?
he's uncomfortable. If it's treatable why should he suffer?
Taanis esther is in 2 days. If it gets worse he may not feel up to fasting and enjoying purim the next day. Again, if it's treatable and it gets treated in a timely manner he should be able to fast and enjoy his purim.
Going to the dr should really be a priority.
sorry for being harsh but I am a big believer that a child's health takes precedence to almost anything, including work.

acccdac

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:46 am
probably an allergic reaction, if you cant go to the doctor find an after hours urgent care.

nywife

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:52 am
I would advise making the doctors appointment a priority right now. Best case it's nothing, but why should he have to be uncomfortable. Worst case, it's something contagious that needs to be treated right away. You don't want to it to get worse and you don't want everyone else in the family ending up with it.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 1:52 pm
Hi, thi is OP. thank you all for responding. So I did call teh doctor this morning, doctor said it sounded like an allergic reaction adn becuse it didnt spread anywhere else on teh body yet it sounded like non-infectious. and doctor reminded me that said child had something similar undiagnosed about 7 years ago (doc had records!) and it cleared up within a week. And if it is still tehre on Friday to take him in to be checked out.
So thanks for all your coments and thoughts.

To leahh, yes, if tehre was a true emergency I would have to get out of work and deal with it, but I know you dont know the line of work I am in, but I would have many very disgruntled clients if I had to cancel at such late notice at this time of year...

Leahh wrote:
It could be hives.
But seriously, why isn't going to the dr a priority? If you or DH can't take him ask a friend or relative or even let him go himself (if he has how to get there).
What if it is contagious? Is it fair to everyone he's exposing?
he's uncomfortable. If it's treatable why should he suffer?
Taanis esther is in 2 days. If it gets worse he may not feel up to fasting and enjoying purim the next day. Again, if it's treatable and it gets treated in a timely manner he should be able to fast and enjoy his purim.
Going to the dr should really be a priority.
sorry for being harsh but I am a big believer that a child's health takes precedence to almost anything, including work.

and yes, I WISH I had family or friends to take my child to the doctor. but again, you dont know because I didnt say so in mypost of course, but my closest relatives live about 1500 miles away from me, and unfortuantely I havent been living long enough in my current city to make freinds whom I could ask to take my kid to teh doctor for me. And no, the doctor is a 45 minute not very safe walk away... he couldnt go on his own.
and dont worry I didtn send him back to school until I got the okay from the doctor..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics