Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Besides eating at the seuda....

chavaleh

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:21 pm
What else is everyone doing? We are having one for the first time since being married and we are competing with many shuls who are having jugglers, magicians etc. One of my guests asked me what we were having for entertainment.... Is that what people are doing nowadays?? (This is going to be a kiruv - focused seuda)

Thank you in advance!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:26 pm
Community seuda often have entertainment; tell them it's a home seuda. Also the entertainment frankly? for the kids not the adults.

But again, I've seen some "needing" entertainment at 7 brachos, wedding games and shticks... we just enjoy our smachos as such.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:44 pm
Sing, tell stories, talk about the Purim story. As the drinking goes on the singing should dominate.

chavaleh

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:23 pm
hmmmm .... maybe I will google some purim torah .... thanks for the support chevre!

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:32 am
Entertainment? Srsly?

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 6:43 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Entertainment? Srsly?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Surely you jest, OP. Is the presence and conversation of family, friends and neighbors insufficiently pleasing to these people that they feel the need to import hired talent? Then I pity them, for not only is something seriously lacking in their makeup, but they seem to have completely missed the message of Purim. It is one thing for a shul or other org to hire entertainment, since this is expected at that kind of affair. But in a private family-run seudah? Talk about ostentatious. And shallow.

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 6:58 pm
But seriously, a Dvar Torah, a Purim Torah or two, a grammen competition, lots of singing, maybe a costume show, with or without prizes, if enough people come in costume--what more do you need?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 7:16 pm
If you're having lots of kids it can help keep things calm if you have a simple activity for them off on teh side. like purim coloring sheets or sticker art.

sky

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 7:24 pm
We have singing, dancing, dvar torahs.
Sometimes someone organizes a simple activity for the kids, like a black magic scratch art type of activity. but most of the time they are just entertained with all the activity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics