Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
5 year old already "maturing"??

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 4:53 pm
is this possible or something I should bring up at doctor? She doesn't have much but definitely looks like beginning of a chest...???

pause

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 4:56 pm
amother wrote:
is this possible or something I should bring up at doctor? She doesn't have much but definitely looks like beginning of a chest...???
shock shock shock
It's called baby fat.

nywife

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 5:13 pm
Maturing= puberty. The other signs of puberty are body hair growth, body odor, beginning of menses... If your 5 yr old is having any those you need a doctor, yesterday.

Last edited by nywife on Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

rachel6543

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 5:19 pm
yes, it is possible. girls are "maturing" at a younger age these days than in previous generations. If you have concerns, it's best to talk with your child's doctor.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 5:21 pm
If you see early signs of thelarche you may want to consult your pediatrician.

morah

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:00 pm
pause wrote:
shock shock shock
It's called baby fat.

Dont be so quick to dismiss. Puberty is starting earlier and earlier these days due to all sorts of garbage in our surroundings. Even in girls as young as five. Yes, it can happen this young, and if you suspect it, you need to being it up with the doctor right away.

cbg

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:04 pm
This may be crazy talk, but I believe it's all the hormones they put in chicken to grow more breast meat.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:08 pm
This happened to me. At age 5 I started getting hair, body odor, and a bust. My parents eliminated soy, any dairy and meat with hormones and it stopped where it was and then started up again normally at 10.

I found the whole thing extremely embarrassing and developed a slouch trying to hide my chest. I was the only girl my age with any development.

loveandpeace

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:

Hormones hormones hormones. And yes speak to your doc

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:33 pm
Hormones in food

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 6:39 pm
I've never seen a 5 year old go through puberty ... I too would think it's some chubbiness that might seem breast-like

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 7:32 pm
pause wrote:
shock shock shock
It's called baby fat.

Seriously? U think there's no difference between baby fat and nipples that are larger than typical five year old nipples?
That's the only thing I notice- no other "puberty" signs. Just noticed it past two weeks. Rolling Eyes

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 7:38 pm
amother wrote:
Seriously? U think there's no difference between baby fat and nipples that are larger than typical five year old nipples?
That's the only thing I notice- no other "puberty" signs. Just noticed it past two weeks. Rolling Eyes

Thelarche, which you are describing (if you are accurate) often takes place years prior to menarche. It is one of the earliest signs of prepubescence. If you have concerns visit your Dr.

bluebird

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 7:43 pm
There is a real disorder called Precocious Puberty that causes puberty to start way too young. Please see a doctor. It can be caused by medical issues.

http://www.webmd.com/children/.....ptoms

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:30 pm
It is absolutely crucial that this be assessed ASAP. See a pediatric endocrinologist and have a full battery of blood work done to determine what is going on hormonally. Do NOT delay.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:33 pm
I'm sorry to post anonymously. I meant to include that my dd went through this. I hope this is not the case for your dd but you must be proactive now and find out exactly what is going on.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
It is absolutely crucial that this be assessed ASAP. See a pediatric endocrinologist and have a full battery of blood work done to determine what is going on hormonally. Do NOT delay.

My friends granddaughter had some symptoms indicating a hormonal issue that required treatment (it was not from diet). Her hormone profile looked like a 14 yr old boy instead of a 4 yr old girl. Bh it got resolved. Better safe than sorry to get a hormone panel run. Might be baby fat but could be something more serious.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:09 am
My niece had this. She sees a pediatric endocrinologist regularly for follow up. Just to calm you down, it's not dangerous, and some of the time it's something that needs to be watched but develops so slowly that she doesn't need treatment, but if it does treatment is needed it's really not a big deal. But, if you do want to halt it before it progresses further, it's important to get her evaluated sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 6:57 am
An acquaintance of mine's daughter was developing breasts and body odor around 4 years old. She was regularly drinking Soy Materna Bottle, and her pediatrician told her to stop soy immediately and then do follow up hormonal blood-work. After stopping the soy the body odor stopped, but she decided to run blood-work anyways and visit a pediatric endocrinologist anyways - BH everything came back normal and the Dr. mentioned that the soy bottles could definitely have been the contributing factor. You should definitely speak to your child's pediatrician and possibly a pediatric endocrinologist..

pause

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 7:28 am
Whaddaya know? You live and learn!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics