Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Israel/Yisrael/Yisroel...

What's the most common ID name
Israel  
 18%  [ 8 ]
Yisrael  
 32%  [ 14 ]
Yisroel  
 48%  [ 21 ]
Yisruel  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yisrooel  
 0%  [ 0 ]
the other one  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:48 am
What do you mostly see ?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:52 am
Srully
Izzy

Barbara

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
What do you mostly see ?

To anglicize the name? Israel or Yisrael. Anything else, you are condemning your child to a lifetime of spelling his name, and having people snicker behind his back.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:15 am
amother wrote:
What do you mostly see ?

Blue and black on a white background. No white and gold even if I squint Wink

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:41 pm
Barbara wrote:
To anglicize the name? Israel or Yisrael. Anything else, you are condemning your child to a lifetime of spelling his name, and having people snicker behind his back.

My son's name is Yisroel. At the time I just put the Jewish version on his birth certificate since I was a new mom and didn't know any better. My husband and I both have Jewish names on our BC and didn't had many issues.

I regret doing that. For my second son named Michoel I put Michael which makes my life much easier.

Lately I have just been calling them Israel and Michael whenever someone not Jewish asks what their name is since it is much easier.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 4:04 pm
bump

yogabird

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 4:46 pm
My son is Yisroel. We put Israel on his birth certificate. It's not a popular name in non-jewish circles by any stretch, but at least they know how to pronounce it.

My husband and daughter also have (english) legal names. I am the only one in the family that doesn't, and both my first and last (maiden) name are Yiddish and long and impossible to pronounce if you're not familiar with them,. I'm planning to give myself a nice English name when I get around to changing my legal name. Thank goodness my married name is short, sweet and easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names