Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
MM halacha question

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 12:53 am
I am aware that MM is supposed to be ready to eat. Like you can't be yotze with even the cutest "ingredients in a jar" concept. But is it considered "ready to eat" if you give something that is fully cooked but has been frozen and the recipient needs to heat it up before eating? I thought that would be the best way to keep it fresh while delivering and potentially sitting around the recipient's home until they eat/deal with it. But I'm wondering if it's a halachic issue. Obviously I'm talking about the one I will be using for the mitzva obligation, not excess gifting.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 12:57 am
Ready to eat doesn't mean it has to be the right temp to eat right this very moment. It's perfectly fine to send something that needs to be heated up. It just can't be something the person has to cook first. If it's fully cooked, it's ready to eat. That it tastes better hot makes no difference. You might equally send something that the recipient prefers to chill first.

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:03 am
Just wondering if there's a difference between too hot/too cold and a soup that is frozen solid.

kb

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:07 am
Why don't you just defrost one soup, and know you're yotzei?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:34 am
Because I figured it would be more practical for the recipients if they have the option to keep it frozen fresh.

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:40 am
I don't know. But do you have one special person to whom you can give one extra ting - like maybe a chocolate, or some cookies?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:41 am
If I need to, I can. I was just wondering whether I need to! I guess it shouldn't be too hard to do that at some point during the day! Still, it's an interesting question Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics