Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Son not playing nicely

little_mage

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 7:19 am
My son is 3.5. He is not in any sort of formal preschool program, but we do send him to the three to five year old group on Shabbat morning. Especially as he's not in any other program, we feel that it's really important for him to be going. One of the main toys that the kids there play with are magnatiles. He consistently knocks the other children's towers over. Now, this is how he plays at home with his blocks--he'll build something and then pretty much instantly knock it over. Which, if he's by himself, is completely fine, but it doesn't work with others, especially if he hasn't been building it. A couple of weeks ago, I did stay in to watch. I saw one time that he knocked a structure down because he didn't quite have the needed fine motor control (he was adding a piece and used too much pressure), but I also saw him deliberately drive a truck through to knock down a tower.

Any advice? We were reading a story last night where there was a destructive character, and was trying to ask him questions about what was going on, but he just laughed and thought it was funny. Still, I'm open to trying other books. I tried some role playing with our stuffed animals the other day, but he just kept laughing, so I don't think he understood what was going on. I actually think I may be better off with a video then a book or me role playing, but I'm open to any ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers