Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Hair inside dryer

studying_torah

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 11:36 am
I have a new lg dryer that was making squeaky noises. The tech opened it and said a lot of hair was wrapped around the axles ( so the spinner wheel got stuck) and had to replace the wheel.
How do I prevent this in the future?
I'm always careful to use the lint screen and to clean it.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 11:41 am
studying_torah wrote:
I have a new lg dryer that was making squeaky noises. The tech opened it and said a lot of hair was wrapped around the axles ( so the spinner wheel got stuck) and had to replace the wheel.
How do I prevent this in the future?
I'm always careful to use the lint screen and to clean it.

I would do a google and check to see if the wheel has/is a continual problem with this make and model of dryer. This really sounds like a lot of bunk. IMHO

studying_torah

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 12:43 pm
Google search only brings up my post 😀

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:26 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Google search only brings up my post 😀

Here are the top 150 problems reported.

I hope this helps. FWIW I googled, frequent problems with LG dryers.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com......html

ETA: I have a friend who is an appliance repair person. I'll ask him the next time he stops by and give you an update.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:39 pm
sometimes you have to take out the lint screen & clean inside the chamber ... also have you cleaned out the vent hose ... that too needs cleaning or else things backlog & I imagine they have nowhere else to go aside from inside the machine where the axle is ...

my best advice is to unscrew the back & clean it all out - remembering where the screws and pieces go [hint: you can take pictures as you pull it apart in case you forget]

studying_torah

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 9:00 pm
thanks magenta and greenie! I take out the lint screen and clean inside the chamber for sure, but not the vent hose. Greenie, how often does that need to be unscrewed and cleaned out? I thought once a year is standard; The machine was bought in the summer.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 9:24 pm
I have a Fisher Pykel dryer and it's lint trapping is not the best. I vac my hose once a month, but it's easy for me to get to it from the outside.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Mar 30 2015, 12:23 pm
Magenta- guess what, the machine is making a grinding/buzzing noise now, so time for another service call. ugh.
Did you ever happen to ask the repair guy you know about the dryer? Curious what he says.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry