Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
I feel like Purim will be cancelled in New York!
1  2  3  Next

STMommy

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:02 pm
The weather forecast has me completely depressed that there will be no Purim this year. I don't know how we will deliver shalach manos or get to our seudah in the midst of a blizzard.

Barbara

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:09 pm
STMommy wrote:
The weather forecast has me completely depressed that there will be no Purim this year. I don't know how we will deliver shalach manos or get to our seudah in the midst of a blizzard.

It's not going to be a blizzard. Three inches. At most 8. That's not a blizzard. And they're expecting it, so snow crews should be out.

I confess, I'm worried about delivering shaloch manot, but only because I need to work, so I need to get it done by about 8:30 am, when roads may still be unplowed. Worse comes to worst, I'll give out 2 to whomever I can, then distribute the rest as a nice little gift Friday.

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:17 pm
Our family is in Brooklyn, and I worry we won't be able to get there from Monsey.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:23 pm
I feel like we've had enough snow, and even three inches feels like a blizzard if it's in March, and especially on Purim

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:27 pm
Maya, do you remember last year Pesach? It snowed during the second seder. (in Monsey)

rising hero

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:30 pm
Yeah, I'm dissapointed about that too! I wish the snow would turn into rain, at least. Im tired of the snow and ice that are not going away.

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:
Maya, do you remember last year Pesach? It snowed during the second seder. (in Monsey)

We were in Brooklyn but I do remember hearing about it.
At least Seder night we don't have to drive fifty miles each way to be with family... Smile

youngishbear

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:36 pm
It was freezing last Pesach. And it snowed in Brooklyn, too. Icy snow/hail or whatever it was that drenched me from head to toe...

Snow. On pesach. Please Lord spare us this year...

Bsimcha

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:47 pm
I figure if weather is bad, then we will keep closer to home and more neighbors will give and get than other years!
I feel worse for the kids because is their day to shine, a day to look forward to.
I don't ever remember a Purim with terrible weather ever in NY!
Sometimes it's not great, but snow and below freezing is another matter....

nyer1

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:56 pm
lol, I hear you.
purim won't be canelled, but delivering of MM will have to be done earlier in the day, and you may not be able to deliver all 1000000 of them that you made. don't feel bad if you can't… minimum is 2!

just leave extra extra travel time.

freulichen purim, and a safe and healthy one at that!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:00 pm
Bsimcha wrote:
I figure if weather is bad, then we will keep closer to home and more neighbors will give and get than other years!
I feel worse for the kids because is their day to shine, a day to look forward to.
I don't ever remember a Purim with terrible weather ever in NY!
Sometimes it's not great, but snow and below freezing is another matter....

I do. Boy, was that a year! I must have been about 7-8, and now I'm 28. The wind was blowing real strongly. There was snow on the ground in williamsburg, piles and piles of white. don't remember if it was actually snowing then (probably wasnt), but I remember how the mishloach manos we brought for my grandmother got scattered all oveer the street because of the wind. my oh my was that a year!

Sanguine

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:00 pm
Beautiful weather here in the Holy Land - Purim Sameach

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:01 pm
I remember that too, because my costume involved roller skates and I couldn't go on the street with them. Very disappointing. Smile

Bsimcha

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
I do. Boy, was that a year! I must have been about 7-8, and now I'm 28. The wind was blowing real strongly. There was snow on the ground in williamsburg, piles and piles of white. don't remember if it was actually snowing then (probably wasnt), but I remember how the mishloach manos we brought for my grandmother got scattered all oveer the street because of the wind. my oh my was that a year!

We were away one year for Purim! 20-21 years ago, that must be the year that you're taking about!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:10 pm
Was that the year of The Blizzard?

rising hero

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:26 pm
youngishbear wrote:
It was freezing last Pesach. And it snowed in Brooklyn, too. Icy snow/hail or whatever it was that drenched me from head to toe...

Snow. On pesach. Please Lord spare us this year...

Gosh I remember that! I was in my early stages of labor...walking in that weather to and from the seder....fun! (My baby was born the first day chol hamoed)

As kids we always hoped for good weather so that we can wear our costumes and walk around on the streets to enjoy the purim atmosphere!

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 3:00 pm
there might be 2 feet of snow

Hidden: 

eschaya

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 3:21 pm
My area (not N.Y.) is expected to get 10 inches. So much for half our deliveries. Im afraid many of our seuda guests wont show up 😒

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 5:06 pm
Maya wrote:
Our family is in Brooklyn, and I worry we won't be able to get there from Monsey.

same here. I have a backup plan, I have food in the freezer for a meal. It wont be the same.

momX4

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:

I yelled at everyone to come quickly. The kids thought Eliyuhu Hanavi was at the door!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics