Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Anyone ever heard of this? Sending MM to who you don't like.
Previous  1  2

debsey

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 12:42 am
imasinger wrote:
I was thinking this, too. Imagining this:

"Oh, no, they sent us MM! What have we done to offend them?"

ROFL!!!!!!

I insist my kids send MM to some people in their class that they don't have much of a connection to, just to make sure they're not being exclusive and only giving to their own little "clique" of friends, because the mitzvah is to increase connection, period, not just to be nice to your BFFs.

I am actually MORE conscious of sending to the neighbors I don't like than the ones I do - I live in a big development - because I know that I'll subconsciously "forget" them otherwise. I hope it thaws the ice, but I think that's a big expectation for some flour, sugar, and food coloring, even if the MM came out really cute!

chani8

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 2:46 am
amother wrote:
I did this once and it was just awkward. She was like.... uh... thanks?

Of course it was awkward. But isn't strife even more awkward?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 2:57 am
I exchanged with a neighbor who I clash with. She is jealous and hostile. I gave her the same MM as everyone else so as to include her. Her DH dropped hers back off and made a comment that hers was as good as mine. I made sure to gush over it and tell him it was so much better than mine.

Why bother?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 3:18 am
My husband recently felt that a guy in shul was upset at him, so he went over purim morning with MM .

It helped that dh was a bit tipsy, but he managed to thaw the ice and they really had a good schmooze (it was a silly,stupid thing)

MrsMarmite

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 8:44 am
Someone I used to be close to but had a falling out with a few years ago came over on purim (we haven't given each other for the last few years) and I took it like the proverbial olive branch. I didn't think 'oh no, what did I do?' just 'oh that's so sweet, she wants to get to a better place than we're we are at now...' it was nice.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics