Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
(How to have a) freilichen Purim

skirtznsox

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 11:43 am
A lot of things in my life are not how I would like them to be right now, and I have problems that other people would almost universally agree make me worse off than them right now. G-d willing, though, these are temporary problems that He gave me to increase my emunah and work on my middos and become better at seeing things to have gratitude for and expressing that gratitude. I came on imamother today to get my head settled for a bit of free - structured davening, and for names to put in. I have to say, it gave me the right attitude and I'm now finding it hard to get to the "asking for" part, because I'm overwhelmed by the things people are feeling stressed about and sad about and like are problems. I'm finding that genuinely setting aside 10 minutes to daven for other people reminds me of little things I have to be thankful for, like breathing clearly and the ability to walk and having a DC who is active enough to stress me out! It also gets me out of my own head a little bit. Try it. Take 10 minutes today to daven for your friends, for others here on imamother, for even your enemies, for your DH and DCs. Happy Purim!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics