Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How many strollers have you bought/owned?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:14 am
3 kids in 7 years:

Snap n Go
Bugaboo bee
Mountain Buggy Duo (would have loved the duet but it wasn't "in" yet)

My bugaboo has really gotten its full use. I used it for each kid until the next one was born, so it got heavy use for my toddlers. It's almost gone now but as long as it pushes on four wheels, I'm gonna be using it!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 4:10 am
1) Inglesina Zippy- bought last years model, gave away when it was too broken for my use. I piled up to 3 kids in it,
2-3) two umbrella strollers my mother bought me, the second after the first broke. Gave the second to my sister when I got #5.
4) Mountain Buggy Duo- I love it, but it's huge! It's really strong, when I fullyvrecline the seats I can put two kids in each seat and two on the footrest. (Done rarely, but gets everyone home quicker.)
5) Mountain Buggy Swift. I love this one, we're on the second kid with this one.
6)- sort of... Valco Hitchiker. It broke after 2 years of intermittent use. If I can't fix it I'll need a replacement.

4 kids, 6 1/2 years.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 4:13 am
7 kids 5 strollers

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 4:16 am
Iymnok wrote:
1) Inglesina Zippy- bought last years model, gave away when it was too broken for my use. I piled up to 3 kids in it,
2-3) two umbrella strollers my mother bought me, the second after the first broke. Gave the second to my sister when I got #5.
4) Mountain Buggy Duo- I love it, but it's huge! It's really strong, when I fullyvrecline the seats I can put two kids in each seat and two on the footrest. (Done rarely, but gets everyone home quicker.)
5) Mountain Buggy Swift. I love this one, we're on the second kid with this one.
6)- sort of... Valco Hitchiker. It broke after 2 years of intermittent use. If I can't fix it I'll need a replacement.

4 kids, 6 1/2 years.
[b]
OMG shock
(PS I am not judging or anything, it's just that my mind has just been blown! How do you even push that?! I feel like my two kids are just about heavy enough, and they are only about 60 lb combined!)

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 4:25 am
I wrote that to show how strong it is and easy push. I don't think I've done it for longer than the distance of 2 or 3 buildings. It gives the oldest a break from their feet so they'll be willing to walk the rest of the way home.

ray family

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 4:49 am
4 kids oldest is 8 1/2 youngest is 21 mos
1 snap n' go (bought)
1 quinny buzz (bought used)
1 maclaren traveller (snap n'go) (given to me after the airlines broke our snap n'go)
1 maclaren quest (bought, broke, replaced w/ another)
1 maclaren quest (replaced the other one) (gift)
1 baby jogger double (gift)

that's 6 strollers.

alwaybhappy

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 5:25 am
3 kids, 4 years
1 single baby jogger (city mini)
1 double baby jogger (first I had a regular city mini, it broke 2 times (first time they replaced it, 2nd time they didnt), so now I bought a gt)

pumpkinpie

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 5:49 am
2 kids, 3.5 years
just 1 - mountain buggy swift

cinnamon

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 6:22 am
four kids seven years:

Bugaboo Camilion (bought when we were young and dumb, used for bassinet only)
Graco dou (tandom stroller that is pretty big and heavy but a dream to push on long walks)
Graco single (also pretty big and heavy but
pushes great and comfortable for the kid)
Cheap umbrella stroller (after two kids it doesn't look or work that well but I still use it sometimes if we are in and out of the car)

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 6:46 am
amother wrote:
I don't see what the age of your oldest has to do with anything; more to the point would be how many kids you have. Mother of four kids here, all long since out of strollers.

1. We started with a big, heavy, very expensive imported limousine that I bought mainly because of its big rubber-tired wheels and its sturdy look. It took uneven city sidewalks and broken flagstone paths with aplomb, and maneuvered like a dream. Just press down on the handle to tip it onto its rear wheels and pivot. And the brake was great, one bar going across the rear wheels, held in place with a strong, strong spring. But while you could dismantle it, it didn't fold up, which meant it was no good for car travel, and it had no seat belt, and the suspension was just a plastic belt that soon stretched out. We gave it away after about a year and a half, maybe sooner. Talk about a bad investment!

2. Bought a 'temporary until we find something better' Graco model that cost maybe 40% of what the limousine did. Small wheels, no suspension, but it folded up easily. It was the last stroller we bought and IIRC we gave it away to someone after our youngest outgrew it.

3. A cheap umbrella stroller, no name, no suspension, no support, no sunshade, no nothing, just a fabric seat slung between steel umbrella handles, for plane travel.

Eso es todo. How many strollers does a family need?

You might need a double if you have kids close in age.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 6:46 am
Oldest 9 of 4 kids
1-snap n go
2-maclaren
3-doube citi mini
4-(borrowed long term) snap n go
5-mountain buggy terrain (too big for small trunk,barely use it)
6-citi versa (used a lot and now baby 1 yr old I want to buy lightweight like maclaren)

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 7:58 am
Five kids in nine years:
One heavy stroller.
One snap and go
One maclaren double
One cheap umbrella stroller
Looking at the other posters, I think we did pretty well. I never thought about this before.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 8:36 am
I had a graco travel system for my first, city mini double when my second was born, and a snap n go and valco baby when my third was born. I love my valco baby, and if I could justify getting another one and a double I would, but my youngest is almost 3 so no double, and I don't need a new one so no new one either.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:03 pm
I got a snap n go type when my oldest was born 9.5 years ago. Still being used (right now by my sister). $50
I got a Zooper Waltz when said baby was 6 months old. It's my most used stroller and I use it all the time. $150
I got a Walmart umbrella stroller when my oldest was 1 and we were flying and I didn't need a full size stroller or want it to break. $10
I got a double Combi stroller when my second was born over 8 years ago. We still use it. $220
I got a double jogger hand me down a few years ago. Free.
$430 for all my strollers combined. Not a single one thrown out yet.

(I also have a $10 Inglesina Zippy that I got used this summer but I didn't get it for me, it's at my mother's house for people to use so they won't have to shlep strollers. I don't think that counts.)

mommy12

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:14 pm
1. Snap n go from a friend, now at my brother's house
2. graco stroller from a thrift shop where the car seat can snap on or the kid can sit in it, now being used by a friend
3. graco double stroller from Craig's list
4-5. cheap umbrella stroller from friend and cheap umbrella stroller from Wal-Mart for when we need to walk a long way with both kids and don't want to take the double stroller

2 kids, 3.5 year old and 4.5 year old.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:16 pm
Raisin wrote:
You might need a double if you have kids close in age.

They were all doubles except for the cheapie umbrella strollers. I have two sets of twins born three years apart.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:25 pm
2 kids born 24 months apart. Youngest is six, used stroller up until about a year ago.

6 strollers

Bugaboo
Evenflo
MacLaren
Snap n go
City mini double
Cybex

I"h with my next baby I am getting all new.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:25 pm
4 kids 5 or 6 carriages

1) maclaren - stolen from a car in good ole brooklyn
2) inglesina - double
3) umbrella stroller - crapola broke with big baby
4) maclaren - I liked the maclaren actually [broken by a little monkey hanging onto it with the other toddler in it]
5) maclaren - lightweight - not so good

6) [?] I feel like there was another umbrella stroller somewhere in there - broken too - never buy them

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:27 pm
2 kids, 6 years.

1. Snap 'n Go - still in perfect condition
2. Inglesina Zippy - good condition, didn't like it, gave it away after kid #1
3. Uppababy Cruz - loving it with kid #2
4. Cheapo no-name umbrella - destroyed by kid #1 (very large child), will probably need a new one when kid #2 is big enough.

Shoelover

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 1:00 pm
1 2.5 year old
Snap and go and bugaboo cameleon (never got around to getting umbrella stroller and by now I don't need it) both gifts bh
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics