Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pothole alert: Please list potholes I should watch for

mirror

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 11:59 pm
I plan on doing traveling over Chol Hamoed.

Please list any major potholes I should be on the alert for.

Thanks.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:50 am
Waze is your best bet. Even if you don't have a smartphone to use the app on, you can still see the alerts on the regular website.

ROFL

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:50 am
From now till chol hamoed a lot will change. The city does fill potholes up pretty quickly.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:55 am
Though without getting into specifics, there are some areas that seem to be especially prone to potholes. For example, you want to keep your eyes extra open on the FDR drive especially around the middle, I've noticed (middle being between uptown and downtown, not necessarily middle lanes though that too.) Manhattan bridge was awful at one point but they might have patched it up already, I don't remember hitting any the last time I was on it. I tend to be paying more attention to the traffic and surroundings and directions and speed and often don't notice potholes until it's too late to avoid them! embarrassed

gp2.0

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 1:11 am
The fix potholes in the spring (I've already seen trucks out starting last week in really bad areas, but they usually wait until the snow and ice stop.) It's the ice, salt, snow shovels and snow tires that damage the asphalt every year.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 1:45 am
Yeah but when a high-traffic place like the Manhattan Bridge gets THAT bad (trust me, it was BAD) you should really bring out the crews in middle of the winter even if you'll have to redo it in a few months. It was ridiculous. I think it improved, though. Anyway, as I was saying, Waze. Also, go to sleep, it's an hour later than you think (talking to myself here)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries