Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Dining room chairs

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 5:47 pm
Does anyone know where to find nice, good quality, dining room chairs on clearance? Maybe a clearance center somewhere? I've been looking in the Brooklyn stores, and the nice chairs are 250 and up (and mostly much more than 250). I would appreciate any ideas! Thanks!

Fox

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 6:24 pm
* Try hotel resale dealers -- they buy up furniture from hotels that are redecorating or renovating and resell it at a fraction of the new cost. Sometimes you have to check every week or so, but you can get great stuff. An added bonus: a lot of hotel furniture is constructed in such a way that it's really easy to cover the seats and chair backs yourself with new fabric.

* Check used office furniture dealers. This is a little more complicated, because you have to make sure that the chairs are the right height, but you can also find great stuff, including things that can easily be re-covered to match your decor.

I know other people have had success on CraigsList and at estate sales, but I never had much luck. Either there weren't enough chairs available in a particular style or the seller was emotionally attached and wanted more than they were really worth.

Just as an aside, anyone looking for a big table should consider used office furniture dealers. They get long conference tables all the time that work perfectly: they can be used for homework during the week and look dramatic and elegant on Shabbos with a tablecloth.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know where to find nice, good quality, dining room chairs on clearance? Maybe a clearance center somewhere? I've been looking in the Brooklyn stores, and the nice chairs are 250 and up (and mostly much more than 250). I would appreciate any ideas! Thanks!
If you have time, wait for the tent/sidewalk/warehouse sales by Accentuations or TGI. You can find chairs at around $180 IIRC.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:09 pm
Ra_mom, that sounds great, do you know when they have these sales?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:17 pm
amother wrote:
Ra_mom, that sounds great, do you know when they have these sales?
I don't know exactly. You have to keep your eyes peeled. Get on their mailing lists. Someone should have something before Pesach. Also sign up for Living Quarters mailing list.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 12:44 pm
I saw that tgi is having a sample sale now, also regal furniture is having a sale iirc (looked at the Torah times over the weekend)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics