Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Ideas with a lot of restrictions plus pickiness!

iamamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 2:43 am
for medical reasons, my DH has to be on a pretty strict diet. I pretty much eat healthy and like healthy things. My DH on the other hand is very picky. So btwn his dislikes and restrictions... I need ideas! He loves pizza and junk food so wtvr u make has to be really good so be doesnt get the cravings for things.

His diet has to be low carb, low fat, low sugar and no red meat

Off the top of my head the things he WILL NOT EAT are:
Recipes that have fruit in them
Beans
Salad dressings
things with a vinegar taste
No eggs for supper kinda thing

He will only eat chicken on the bone if it's a recipe he likes.... Has to be somewhat spicy... Well done.... I like to make recipes that don't need the skin on for cooking...

Also, we r on a tight budget so spending $8 on a bag of brocoli or cauliflower is not really such and option...

I am sure there r more dislikes but right now they r not coming to mind...

So please share ur ideas and recipes!!!!

iamamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 12:25 pm
no ideas?

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 12:33 pm
Vegetable soups without high sugar items like carrots
Fish (there are so many different kinds of fish and so many ways to prepare fish)
Baked Potato Skins

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 12:53 pm
iamamother wrote:
for medical reasons, my DH has to be on a pretty strict diet. I pretty much eat healthy and like healthy things. My DH on the other hand is very picky. So btwn his dislikes and restrictions... I need ideas! He loves pizza and junk food so wtvr u make has to be really good so be doesnt get the cravings for things.

His diet has to be low carb, low fat, low sugar and no red meat

Off the top of my head the things he WILL NOT EAT are:
Recipes that have fruit in them
Beans
Salad dressings
things with a vinegar taste
No eggs for supper kinda thing

He will only eat chicken on the bone if it's a recipe he likes.... Has to be somewhat spicy... Well done.... I like to make recipes that don't need the skin on for cooking...

Also, we r on a tight budget so spending $8 on a bag of brocoli or cauliflower is not really such and option...

I am sure there r more dislikes but right now they r not coming to mind...

So please share ur ideas and recipes!!!!

Shwarma chicken, chicken fajitas, kefta kebabs made with dark ground turkey

Roasted zucchini sticks, tri colored vegetable fries, garlicky green beans, zucchini "spaghetti"

Pan seared tilapia, garlic salmon

Creamy zucchini soup, cauliflower mock potato soup (1 lb bag once in a while), carrot ginger soup

How about giving him pizza made on Portobello mushroom caps with low fat cheese every once in a while to satisfy his craving?

iamamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 1:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Shwarma chicken, chicken fajitas, kefta kebabs made with dark ground turkey

Roasted zucchini sticks, tri colored vegetable fries, garlicky green beans, zucchini "spaghetti"

Pan seared tilapia, garlic salmon

Creamy zucchini soup, cauliflower mock potato soup (1 lb bag once in a while), carrot ginger soup

How about giving him pizza made on Portobello mushroom caps with low fat cheese every once in a while to satisfy his craving?

thanks for your ideas. the shwarma chicken and chicken fajitas would be good except her really shouldnt be having bread too much, even if its whole grain.... and if he is going to have bread it would be more for lunch than supper...

what are kefta kebabs?

I make all kinds of roasted veggies/fries and he would not go for zucchini speghetti- I have tried... he wont even eat spaghetti squash

soups I do make, but he doesnt like all kinds...

and a healthier pizza like a portabella mushroom one will deff not satisfy his craving and he would have to eat a ton of them to fill him up! he could eat 4 slices of regular pizza easily!

iamamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 8:28 pm
I would really love some new chicken cutlet recipes. and it would be even better if its a recipe thats a one pan/pot supper... but no potatoes cuz thats too high in carbs...

2ringsnow

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 8:38 pm
Chicken cutlets can be done in so many different ways...
Cubed in a mushroom sauce
Mayo soy sauce brown sugar
Dipped in egg with a bit of duck sauce and flour and coated with corn flakes crumbs
Sesame chicken in the oven without frying
Marinated and grilled

2ringsnow

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 8:40 pm
Sweet potatoes are lower in carbs than regular potatoes
Maybe try brown rice pasta
Quinoa

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 8:41 pm
iamamother wrote:
thanks for your ideas. the shwarma chicken and chicken fajitas would be good except her really shouldnt be having bread too much, even if its whole grain.... and if he is going to have bread it would be more for lunch than supper...

what are kefta kebabs?

I make all kinds of roasted veggies/fries and he would not go for zucchini speghetti- I have tried... he wont even eat spaghetti squash

soups I do make, but he doesnt like all kinds...

and a healthier pizza like a portabella mushroom one will deff not satisfy his craving and he would have to eat a ton of them to fill him up! he could eat 4 slices of regular pizza easily!
why do you need bread for shwarma or Fajitas? I don't. Why can't they be served with regular low carb side dishes?
Kefta kebabs are Mediterranean ground meat kebabs which are delicious with dark ground turkey. (all ground meat recipes are great with dark ground turkey)
Portobello mushroom pizza can be served with onion soup and a Greek salad for a nice filling dairy meal. But if he doesn't need the dairy, skip it.

iamamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 8:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
why do you need bread for shwarma or Fajitas? I don't. Why can't they be served with regular low carb side dishes?
Kefta kebabs are Mediterranean ground meat kebabs which are delicious with dark ground turkey. (all ground meat recipes are great with dark ground turkey)
Portobello mushroom pizza can be served with onion soup and a Greek salad for a nice filling dairy meal. But if he doesn't need the dairy, skip it.

arent shwarmas as fajitas always served in a pita or wrap/taco kinda thing? how do u make it?

and he would never touch a greek salad with a 10 ft pole!

I dont mean to be picky- its really my DH that is! not me! I pretty much eat anything!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 9:04 pm
iamamother wrote:
arent shwarmas as fajitas always served in a pita or wrap/taco kinda thing? how do u make it?

and he would never touch a greek salad with a 10 ft pole!

I dont mean to be picky- its really my DH that is! not me! I pretty much eat anything!

I serve schwarma skewers made with dark chicken cutlets.
And chicken fajitas with the onions and peppers either over rice (which I know you can't serve) or on its own with another side dish.

iamamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 9:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I serve schwarma skewers made with dark chicken cutlets.
And chicken fajitas with the onions and peppers either over rice (which I know you can't serve) or on its own with another side dish.

can I have those recipes please?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 9:07 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+carb
Some ideas for you

naturemom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 9:15 pm
cut up chicken breasts into thin slices or cubes. marinate in dressing of your choice, or just rub in some spices.

saute onions and garlic in a TB of oil. sprinkle some salt and pepper. add chicken, and saute until almost ready.

add any cut up veggies you like, such as thinly sliced carrots, zuccini, peppers, celery, mushrooms, baby corn. saute until tender.

make enough that you can fill his whole plate with it so this can be the whole meal.

if you play around using different veggies and spices you can make some version of this almost every day.

BeHappy!

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 9:59 pm
iamamother wrote:
I would really love some new chicken cutlet recipes. and it would be even better if its a recipe thats a one pan/pot supper... but no potatoes cuz thats too high in cartbs...

You can make Chinese style...different color peppers, baby corn, carrots, onion, water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower... Basically anything u have in the house. Mix with 1/2 cup of each: oil, soy sauce, brown sugar. Put chicken over veggies n pour sauce over chicken. Bake covered on 350 for a while ( 1 hr). Serve over rice or brown rice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics