Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim

amother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 11:10 pm
Please spread to as many people as possible. To daven for Daniel ben ilana. A 15 year old boy who complained his throat hurt and at the moment he is clinically dead. It's an emergency that this chain doesn't break. He is between life and death. Whoever sees this should do a chessed and send the message to 5 people and not break the chain.they should also keep sending it out.
Whoever davens for his friend gets answered first!
Just got this msg fwd please!

mom2six

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 6:18 am
Does anyone have an update on this boy?

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 2:43 pm
well I hope & pray ... refuah shelaima !!!

mom2six

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 11:10 am
In an attempt to find an update on him, I googled his name (in Hebrew) and found this identical message all over the place dated in April 2014. I'm going to venture a guess that he's no longer clinically dead, but I can't find any information other than that original one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 11:11 am
Same here but I didn't want to sound jaded. I am sure somewhere someone with that name could use tehillim, but these chain emails have got to stop.

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 2:56 pm
mom2six wrote:
In an attempt to find an update on him, I googled his name (in Hebrew) and found this identical message all over the place dated in April 2014. I'm going to venture a guess that he's no longer clinically dead, but I can't find any information other than that original one.

I don't know what happened to Daniel ben ilana. I do know that practically the same thing happened to my brother in law almost 20 years ago (complained of throat hurting, Dr said all ok, found him unconscious on the stairs a few hours later, coded several times in the way to hospital, in coma many months) when he was 7. He's now 26 and still in need of tefillos (his name is Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena) but he is very much alive BH. I daven that Daniel ben ilana has a refuah shelaima even if the original message is a year old.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 1:51 am
I found a link to the identical text as in the OP's message from 2012.

myself

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:22 am
cbsp wrote:
I don't know what happened to Daniel ben ilana. I do know that practically the same thing happened to my brother in law almost 20 years ago (complained of throat hurting, Dr said all ok, found him unconscious on the stairs a few hours later, coded several times in the way to hospital, in coma many months) when he was 7. He's now 26 and still in need of tefillos (his name is Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena) but he is very much alive BH. I daven that Daniel ben ilana has a refuah shelaima even if the original message is a year old.

This really jumped out at me as I remember saying tehillim for that name many years ago... unfortunately its often the way of the world that once the worst is over the name is forgotten, though the cholim may still need our tefillos. I'll have him in mind.

May all the cholim amongst Klal Yisroel have a complete and speedy recovery.

cbsp

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:27 am
myself wrote:
This really jumped out at me as I remember saying tehillim for that name many years ago... unfortunately its often the way of the world that once the worst is over the name is forgotten, though the cholim may still need our tefillos. I'll have him in mind.

May all the cholim amongst Klal Yisroel have a complete and speedy recovery.

Amen. Your tefilos are very much appreciated.
My mother in law will be very touched that you remembered Shmuely's name from all those years ago. Tizki l'Mitzvos

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 9:35 am
cbsp wrote:

thank you for pointing that out to everyone ... sometimes the urgency is in the past but issues remain or arise ... & the tefilos are still very much needed ... I will daven for Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena saying פרק כ"ז

refuah shelaima !!!

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 9:58 am
greenfire wrote:
thank you for pointing that out to everyone ... sometimes the urgency is in the past but issues remain or arise ... & the tefilos are still very much needed ... I will daven for Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena saying פרק כ"ז

refuah shelaima !!!

Amen. Thank you very much.

I sent my MIL a link to this thread (she's not on imamother. At least I don't think so! Very Happy ). Here's her response:

Quote:
Wow. Someone writing that Yeruchem Shmuel's name "jumped out" as having daavened for him years ago. WOW!! Klal Yisroel.

You have given us a lot of chizuk. May all our tefillos be answered l'tovah.

coachev

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:01 pm
What a heart warming post. I am so happy to hear that this other young man is okay. May he have a refuah shelima. If someone does find out about Daniel ben Ilana, could it be posted, and I will get an update? I felt a little silly as I sent it out to my Tehillem squad. However, now this other young man will be davened for once again. May Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena have a refuah sheleima along with all the other cholim of klal yisrael.

cbsp

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:06 pm
coachev wrote:
What a heart warming post. I am so happy to hear that this other young man is okay. May he have a refuah shelima. If someone does find out about Daniel ben Ilana, could it be posted, and I will get an update? I felt a little silly as I sent it out to my Tehillem squad. However, now this other young man will be davened for once again. May Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena have a refuah sheleima along with all the other cholim of klal yisrael.

Wow again. We just returned home from spending Pesach with my mother-in-law and Shmuely. Amen for your tefillos. I will ask my mother-in-law if I can post a picture of Shmuely so people can see who they are davening for. Mi k'amcha Yisroel!

coachev

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:07 pm
Thank you.

coachev

Post Sun, Apr 12 2015, 11:11 pm
While I understand the good it can do, I do agree that these chain letters should not be used. It compromises the entire integrity of the tefillos.

yummydd

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 5:02 am
The name yeruchim shmiel Ben Dina also jumped at me. All my years in school we said his name daily by davening. And as it was said so often it's the only name that stuck. I still try have him inzin when I daven. May he have a full recovery iyh!

luppamom

Post Mon, Apr 13 2015, 6:39 am
The name yerucham shmuel ben dina also jumped at me. I think I also remember his name from our davening list as a child. I stopped davening for him b/c I had no idea who he was and what his situation was. Will bli neder continue. May he have a complete refuah shlemia bikarov.

cbsp

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 7:16 pm
coachev wrote:
While I understand the good it can do, I do agree that these chain letters should not be used. It compromises the entire integrity of the tefillos.

So I was thinking about what you wrote here. I get upset when I get chain emails that a quick glance at snopes.com can tell you whether something is a hoax (as they usually are). But with these tehillim emails that resource is not much help. And yet, with all its flaws, it still remains an effective way to get the word out for a global tefillah - that is, if the problem is still ongoing, the undated emails are not from 3 years ago, etc.

The only idea I came up with would be to refer people to a single repository of information regarding the situation, but who has time or the resources to create and update a website in the midst of a crisis? That's when I remembered the website tehillimyahad.com

I've created a page here for Yerucham Shmuel ben Dena: http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=Zdi06Y0a29 so if people want to say tehillim it can be done with the goal of completing the sefer. You can also pledge to do a good deed as a zechus for him. My mother-in-law wants me to add that it shouldn't be at the expense of davening for people who are deathly ill, that he is chronically ill but somewhat stable. Usually. When he's not hospitalized.

Tizku l'Mitzvos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed