Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Hilchos nida

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 12:27 pm
What part of hilchos nida did you learn as Halacha and what did you learn as nice, or better, chumra, etc.?
I honestly don't remember what I learned in kala classes.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 1:24 pm
Hilchos Nidda is way too broad to detail every single component. Do you have a specific question?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 1:30 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Hilchos Nidda is way too broad to detail every single component. Do you have a specific question?

Ok so more specifically what harchakos are Halacha?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:36 pm
I'm Ashkenazi, and cannot speak for sefardim
D'oraisa: relations, Rambam adds chibuk and nishuk

Prohibited: touching, passing things from hand to hand, direct throwing, sitting on the same movable item or when one feels the weight of the other on it (cushion on a couch), pouring a drink without a shinui (alcholic beverages definitely, most poskim include all food and drink), husband cannot directly send his wife wine, she can't make his bed in his presence, can't draw water for him to bathe/wash himself (netilas yadayim/mayim achronim is fine), no eating together without a heker, no eating from same plate, husband can't drink from wife's cup but she can from his (some extend this to leftover food) -- there are exceptions to this (if someone drank in between, she isn't around, he doesn't know, the drink was transferred), can't lie on same bed, husband cannot lie on her bed at all even if she is not there, some permit him to sit on her bed if she isn't there but not everyone, wife can sit on husband's bed even if he is there, if he is not there she can lie down on his bed, he cannot gaze at parts of her that are normally covered, he can't deliberately smell her perfume-- as far as I know this is all derabonnan

Then there are sensitivities: avoiding frivilous activities and flirting that may lead to a desire for intimacy, private romantic outings, etc And this is for each couple to figure out their boundaries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions