Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Please answer my stupid question about vaccination
Previous  1  2  3  4

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 12:06 pm
While you may think my conclusions are ones you do not agree with, it is not dishonest to say a true statement that diseases are spread by everyone, vaccinated or not.

I have been extremely careful to qualify my statements with some diseases vaccines do prevent the transmission of, just not all. I am not whitewashing over anything.

I am just trying to get people to see there is a much bigger picture than a myopic view that kids who come into contact with unvaccinated children will have a much higher risk of getting sick to the extent that non-vaccinated children should not be allowed in school.

It is not nearly that black and white.

I have not encouraged anyone to do anything but stop the blame game. That is not putting anyone in danger, and it is not ignorant or dishonest.

The risk of a child in school becoming sick from someone solely because the person who made him sick is unvaccinated is pretty minute. That is my entire premise and is not dishonest based on today's current reality, whether anyone likes that metzius or not.

black sheep

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 12:19 pm
children who come into contact with non-vaccinated children have a much higher risk of getting sick with vaccine-preventable diseases.

it isn't a blame game; it is very obvious and correct to blame the non-vaxing community on the spread of vaccine-preventable illness. it isn't called "tolerance" to point fingers away from the truth.

since vaccine-preventable diseases are pretty serious, sometimes even fatal, and can leave devastating after effects even when they are not fatal, parents would be wise to minimize contact with non-vaccinated children. at least until their babies are fully vaccinated, and even afterwards since vaccines are not 100% effective. tolerance doesn't include putting your children at risk. tolerance does not include allowing children to bring vaccine-preventable illness back into mainstream, back into schools.

you know, sometimes, there isn't two sides to the story. sometimes there is the truth, and those who fudge the truth. I will not be tolerant and open minded towards truth-fudging.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 1:10 pm
Ok, you are comparing children coming into contact with non-vaccinated children with what? Only coming into contact with vaccinated children? Only for vaccine preventable diseases? Yes, that is true, for some....if the non-vaccinated children have been exposed.

I have been comparing children living in this world with all diseases and getting sick and looking if that sickness is due to being in contact specifically with an unvaccinated child. That is unlikely.

It's a different way of looking at things and comparing things.

I still maintain that having unvaccinated children in schools are extremely unlikely to make children much more at risk than expelling them from schools. The few diseases that we vaccinate for and are easily spread and vaccination stops the transmission of are not very prevalent to increase the risk substantially, and this is only true if we are talking about those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons at risk. For the vaccinated population, if their vaccine doesn't work, that cannot be any more blamed on an unvaccinated child than on fellow students without full immunity from vaccines.

I am saying it CAN happen, but it's not in a high amount.

Once you factor in the realization that we are constantly coming into contact with many individuals who are not immune to diseases (namely, adults with waning immunity or lack of vaccination due to changes in the schedule or whatever), it dilutes the chances even more.

I am just talking statistics here.

If you want to say that measles is in your community and there are unvaccinated for measles children in the school who potentially were exposed? Yes, I would say there is a very strong possibility they can spread it.

If you want to say that measles is in California and you live in New Jersey with no cases reported, the chances of it affecting your kids in school is pretty low. Whether from an unvaccinated child or an adult who was last vaccinated for it 40 years ago.

Think1st

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 4:26 pm
hypocrite exposed https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....#t=13

And defeated http://abcnews.go.com/Health/w.....64095
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics