Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Seeking Neurodevelopmental Pediatrician/Psychiatrist in NY/N

amother

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 3:22 pm
I am looking for a top notch evaluator for my child in the NY or North Jersey area. I am willing to wait for the appointment, but I want someone who is going to get to the bottom of things once and for all. TIA.

slpslp

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 10:46 pm
Dr jimmani he's in Manhattan. I have sent many clients to him. He gives very detailed reports. He's worth the wait but is very expensive.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 10:57 pm
I also highly recommend Dr. Jummani from the NYU Child Study Center. His main office is on Long Island. There is a long wait for an appointment and the evaluation is expensive but well worth it. He is thorough and gives you all the time you need. My child has been going to him for several years and he is a great Dr.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:07 am
Any idea of a ballpark figure for an evaluation? Any other names people could recommend?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 2:04 am
My pediatrician recommended a Dr. Huberman, developmental pediatrician. People seemed to say good things about him when I inquired here. The wait for an appointment was not obnoxiously long (3-4 months) and he accepts insurance. We have not had our appointment yet so I can't say more at this point but the intake seemed pretty thorough.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:54 am
I believe the evaluation at Dr. Jummani was approximately $2400 a couple of years ago but the cost probably depends on what kind of testing they are doing. They do not take insurance and you have to pay up front, however if you have out of network coverage you should be able to get partially reimbursed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)