Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Stupidly increasing chance of Nuclear Warfare?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 8:47 pm
Lots of interesting points.

What do you agree with?

What do you disagree with?

Last edited by Mevater on Wed, Mar 11 2015, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:36 pm
207 views and no responses. Has the message left everyone stunned or indifferent?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:44 pm
You tube is blocked for me...

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:51 pm
Each video is 15 minutes and I'm not that interested in the message to spend that much time watching a video. If you give me a five minute clip, then I'll watch it.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 2:38 pm
One (long) sentence summary.

Stupid Americans want to, ON TRUST, make deals with and hand the key to atomic weapons to lunatics known for savage behavior, while also knowing that if one country in the area has atomic weapons, neighboring countries will want to be equally prepared, all who are openly pledging to kill their enemies and destroy Israel, with little hesitation and self restraint shown in the past, leading to great potential of world atomic warfare .

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 3:44 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
Each video is 15 minutes and I'm not that interested in the message to spend that much time watching a video. If you give me a five minute clip, then I'll watch it.

With careers and litle kids, like most Imamothers have, attending to the kids, and paying bills, is foremost, but increasing potential for world atomic warfare aint no laughing matter.

Think Israel. Know anyone there?

~

http://www.atomicarchive.com/D.....shtml

The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Total Casualties

There has been great difficulty in estimating the total casualties in the Japanese cities as a result of the atomic bombing. The extensive destruction of civil installations (hospitals, fire and police department, and government agencies) the state of utter confusion immediately following the explosion, as well as the uncertainty regarding the actual population before the bombing, contribute to the difficulty of making estimates of casualties. The Japanese periodic censuses are not complete. Finally, the great fires that raged in each city totally consumed many bodies.

The number of total casualties has been estimated at various times since the bombings with wide discrepancies. The Manhattan Engineer District's best available figures are:

TABLE A: Estimates of Casualties
Hiroshima Nagasaki
Pre-raid population 255,000 195,000
Dead 66,000 39,000
Injured 69,000 25,000
Total Casualties 135,000 64,000
The relation of total casualties to distance from X, the center of damage and point directly under the air-burst explosion of the bomb, is of great importance in evaluating the casualty-producing effect of the bombs. This relationship for the total population of Nagasaki is shown in the table below, based on the first-obtained casualty figures of the District:

TABLE B: Relation of Total Casualties to Distance from X
Distance from X,
feet Killed Injured Missing Total
Casualties Killed
per square mile
0 - 1,640 7,505 960 1,127 9,592 24,7OO
1,640 - 3,300 3,688 1,478 1,799 6,965 4,040
3,300 - 4,900 8,678 17,137 3,597 29,412 5,710
4,900 - 6,550 221 11,958 28 12,207 125
6,550 - 9,850 112 9,460 17 9,589 20
No figure for total pre-raid population at these different distances were available. Such figures would be necessary in order to compute per cent mortality. A calculation made by the British Mission to Japan and based on a preliminary analysis of the study of the Joint Medical-Atomic Bomb Investigating Commission gives the following calculated values for per cent mortality at increasing distances from X:

TABLE C: Percent Mortality at Various Distances
Distance from X,
in feet Percent Mortality
0 - 1000 93.0%
1000 - 2000 92.0
2000 - 3000 86.0
3000 - 4000 69.0
4000 - 5000 49.0
5000 - 6000 31.5
6000 - 7000 12.5
7000 - 8000 1.3
8000 - 9000 0.5
9000 - 10,000 0.0
It seems almost certain from the various reports that the greatest total number of deaths were those occurring immediately after the bombing. The causes of many of the deaths can only be surmised, and of course many persons near the center of explosion suffered fatal injuries from more than one of the bomb effects. The proper order of importance for possible causes of death is: burns, mechanical injury, and gamma radiation. Early estimates by the Japanese are shown in D below:

TABLE D: Cause of Immediate Deaths
Hiroshima
Cause of Death Percent of Total
Burns 60%
Falling debris 30
Other 10

Nagasaki
Cause of Death Percent of Total
Burns 95%
Falling debris 9
Flying glass 7
Other 7

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 4:00 pm
Mevater wrote:
With careers and litle kids, like most Imamothers have, attending to the kids, and paying bills, is foremost, but increasing potential for world atomic warfare aint no laughing matter.

Think Israel. Know anyone there?

I

I live in Israel. Of course I care.

The video was titled something about women's day.

You should change either your op or the title so people know what they're watching. Tell people in the title it's about Iran and I think you'll get more responses.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 4:22 pm
Heyaaa wrote:
I live in Israel. Of course I care.

The video was titled something about women's day.

You should change either your op or the title so people know what they're watching. Tell people in the title it's about Iran and I think you'll get more responses.

Right! Done.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 5:04 pm
I would rather watch a giant cockroach drowning in a pool of bacteria-filled rat vomit than watch one word spoken by Rudy Giuliani.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 9:16 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I would rather watch a giant cockroach drowning in a pool of bacteria-filled rat vomit than watch one word spoken by Rudy Giuliani.

Well, I was going to ask who the speaker was, but you so elegantly answered.
And I sincerely hope that it never comes to that. Life's too short.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:56 pm
Clarissa wrote:

DH had an informal encounter with Giuliani years ago and was less than impressed, so Im not thrilled with everything Giuliani has ever said or done, BUT even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Im not comfortable with raising the possibility of nuclear warfare one teensy percent of a percent of a percent.

The current heads of govt and people of importance in Iran are all lunatics and potentially "switch happy". Not a warm and fuzzy thought for Americans and certainly not for Israelis who are awfully close geographically and are the most likely target of those crazy savage barbaric beasts.

relish

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:02 pm
Everyone agrees that atomic bombs are dangerous.
World leaders are in the hands of Hashem.
I don't worry about what they say.
I know it's scary, but I try to only worry and have opinions about things I can do something about.
I do not believe this is one of those things.

marina

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:09 pm
Mevater wrote:
One (long) sentence summary.

Stupid Americans want to, ON TRUST, make deals with and hand the key to atomic weapons to lunatics known for savage behavior, while also knowing that if one country in the area has atomic weapons, neighboring countries will want to be equally prepared, all who are openly pledging to kill their enemies and destroy Israel, with little hesitation and self restraint shown in the past, leading to great potential of world atomic warfare .

You'd hope that politicians would actually understand the issue at hand, but I guess not. American leaders aren't trusting lunatics known for savage behavior with atomic weapons. So thanks for the summary. Glad I didn't waste my time watching this.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:18 pm
marina wrote:
You'd hope that politicians would actually understand the issue at hand, but I guess not. American leaders aren't trusting lunatics known for savage behavior, with atomic weapons. So thanks for the summary. Glad I didn't waste my time watching this.

You do realize that not everyone shares your opinion.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:19 pm
Mevater wrote:
You do realize that not everyone shares your opinion.

and where do the 47 GOP politicians stand in this?

(edited for lousy grammar, syntax, and unreadability)

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 12:07 am
Clarissa wrote:

off topic but why do you hate him so much?

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 12:16 am
I'm not going to listen to a speech. I don't absorb information that way, and I get impatient.

Is there a transcript somewhere?

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 12:49 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
and where do the 47 GOP politicians stand in this?

(edited for lousy grammar, syntax, and unreadability)

Totally spin off material.

I'm still scratching my head over that plan.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 6:51 am
Nuclear war has been an obsession of some for very long decades... I've become apathetic. I don't think it's likely at all. BH

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 8:32 am
Ruchel wrote:
Nuclear war has been an obsession of some for very long decades... I've become apathetic. I don't think it's likely at all. BH

During the Cold War, those likely to be involved were rational actors -- I.e., nobody was willing to die to annihilate his enemy, as that would be a zero-sum game.

Here you have entities which are willing to sacrifice themselves in order to eliminate their enemy. It's a different game.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics