Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Liquids from Israel?

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 3:12 am
We are traveling Be"h tonight with stopover in Russia. Are we able to bring liquids on board?

I was thinking of freezing a yogurt so it defrosts over the trip and I'll have something for breakfast....

I also drink a lot and we will be in the airport before flight as well as an 8 hour stopover so I would really like to bring a large water bottle....

m in Israel

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 3:55 am
Israel itself has no rule against liquids on board -- but they follow the rules of your destination country. So by the regular passenger security screening they will not take away the liquids, but before you board a plane to the U.S., for example, they will quickly recheck your hand luggage and make you remove all liquids.

So you will have to find out the rules at your destination country (I don't know if the stopover country also makes a difference.)

Smile1234

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:30 am
put small yogurts in ziplock bags, under 3 oz is fine

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:49 am
m in Israel is correct that Ben Gurion airport has actually no restriction on liquid in carry-on luggage.
Though it is actually transit airport (Moscow in OP's case) that you'll need to comply as well.

No problem with yogurt (even if bigger than 100ml) if you are planning to eat it before you board the connecting flight. However, you won't be able to bring bottles on the connecting flight out of Moscow.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:00 am
my daughter took sealed packages of easy open tuna & carried around an empty water bottle to fill where she could

I guess it also depends on that airline allowances - they usually have a list of dos & don'ts

the airline did provide kosher food with russian wording - cause my daughter brought some home

think of something other than yogurt just in case - like granola bars - almonds & raisins - something with protein
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics