Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Lycra skirts smell

newmom770

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 7:45 am
My long black flary lycra skirts always smell after the wash, while everything else from the same load smells good. Has this happened to you? What can I do to make them not stink?

srbmom

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:24 am
Try putting some vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser. Not too much or it will smell like vinegar, but it really takes care of funky smells in my laundry.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 10:46 am
throw in a half cup of baking soda to every load of laundry - you'll be a happy camper - you can add vinegar if you'd like too Drunken Smile

Smile1234

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 5:55 am
I've had this. I realized it was because they were taking too long to dry and then smelled mildewy. Try making sure they are spread out well to dry with ample air getting to them.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 6:30 am
srbmom wrote:
Try putting some vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser. Not too much or it will smell like vinegar, but it really takes care of funky smells in my laundry.

Maybe it's a difference between American and Israeli washing machines, but I fill the fabric softener dispenser to the top line with vinegar and I don't get any smell (funky, vinegary, or otherwise).

cinnamon

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 8:52 am
vinegar really? Every load? Whites? Darks? Delicates?
My laundry never comes out that well maybe I'll try it.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 9:05 am
cinnamon wrote:
vinegar really? Every load? Whites? Darks? Delicates?
My laundry never comes out that well maybe I'll try it.

I do it in every load, 3 different machines in the last 5 years (multiple moves between rented apartments). I think it helps.

What Smile1234 said is also very important- if you let laundry sit for too long before drying, or hang it to dry somewhere poorly ventilated so it still takes too long to dry, it'll smell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry