Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Scratches on face

amother

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 1:25 pm
this is the third time this year my LO came home with a scratch on face. I spoke to teacher, wrote her a note but its happened again. I am really upset about this. I asked if my child was the one to instigate the fight but I got a no.
should I just accept that this is part and parcel of playgroup? what can I do to stop this? I tell my child to tell the other kids, "don't hit me" or to run away but apparently that doesn't work.

also, any ideas what to put on skin to heal the fresh scratch and the scar nicely?

zaq

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 4:19 pm
My dermatologist told me Mederma is supposed to prevent scarring. I have no personal experience.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 4:25 pm
There may be a kid who misbehaves.
Scratches happen but shouldn't keep happening to the same.
Do other kids have? do you see? did you ask the other moms?

Once upon a time my eldest would sometimes do things like this. I owned up to it and apologized if I couldn't make her. Then times changed to PC and now parents hide and teachers hide who it is, too. So when my prince was scratched I was told "the mom apologizes". I answered it gives me nothing, "the mom". The mora was sorry, of course... and she tried her best, I choose to believe. Other kids were hurt in the same WEEK. There was a problem kid, apparently she (I did hear it was a gal) left this year thank G-d.

So, some of it is part and parcel. But some just isn't, and it's good you are proactive.

Cream wise mine probably aren't sold there but BI oil is everywhere afaik and very useful once it's closed, it took more than a year for me to not see it (now I see if I look for it, I'm hoping iyh it will totally go off). I used at first then daily. Sunscreen when they go out in the spring and summer. I forced the mora to enforce screen and hat, she couldn't tell me anything...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics