Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Deckel toast recipe

joker

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 2:17 pm
Good easy recipe for Shabbos anyone

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 9:27 pm
I assume you mean roast.
I can't get the proportions right now. It's something like this: Take a big sheet of foil. Slice an onion or two and place on foil, then put roast on onions. Smear about a quarter cup ketchup on the roast and sprinkle a good few Tbsp. of onion soup on it. Cover roast tightly, bake at about 350 for a few hours.
When you take it out, separate the gravy from the roast. Refrigerate both overnight. Skim the fat off the gravy. Slice the roast thin. If you want to freeze, put slices in pan, zipper bag, etc. and pour gravy over and freeze. Or put in pan for heating or reheating with gravy over and heat and serve.

joker

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 10:57 pm
Yes I did mean roast I need a recipe that doesn't require overnight because I'm making it Friday for Shabbos anyone else.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 12:00 am
place roast in frying pan atop the stove - pour olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper & be liberal with paprika ... rub it in

dice several garlic cloves, slice onions, carrots & celery

cook on medium flame uncovered - making sure the juices do not evaporate - every so often adding an ounce of water to the condensed gravies that cook up - after about an hour you can add a little more water & put on a lower flame covered for another hour ...

just let the meat cool off enough to slice it [20 minutes ish] ... then place back in the gravy to heat up [you cannot slice hot meat]

this is great as cold leftovers shabbos lunch ... or as sandwiches sunday afternoon

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 8:33 am
joker wrote:
Yes I did mean roast I need a recipe that doesn't require overnight because I'm making it Friday for Shabbos anyone else.

Technically, it doesn't need overnight. I've just found this expedient because I'm not the best warm roast cutter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics