Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Iso YOUR best recipe

rain

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 4:17 pm
I am having very important people (important to me!) over next shabbos lunch and I desperately need an amazing menu!
I need your best appetizer, your best main, and your best dessert. Seriously, the one best thing you make that people love! With recipes please

I am open to making anything! But it needs to be something with no liquid that can be heated or something good room temperature.

THANKS in advance for your help!!

tweety1

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 4:19 pm
Best dessert is viennese crunch mouse pie from the pupa cookbook. Dleicious!!

gmgv

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 5:20 pm
A side dish I've gotten lots of compliments on is stuffed mushrooms from BY cookbook. I can post if you'd like

lovemuffins

Post Thu, Mar 12 2015, 5:40 pm
A whole side of salmon on a long platter (sometimes I garnish at the end with lemon slices cut in half moons)... season liberally with McCormick rotisserie season. Bake at 350 until the fish just starts to feel firm (use the back of a fork to press down) about 25-30 minutes in my oven. Sounds too simple, but when the fish is fresh and not overcooked, people just love it every time.

rain

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 7:28 am
Sure I will take recipes. Thanks!

Anyone else?

gmgv

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:08 am
Stuffed mushrooms from Bais Yakov cookbook

1 10 oz pkg of crimini mushrooms (I usually use baby bella and have used white)
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves (I use dried)
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided (I use way less maybe 1 tablespoon as we found that with 5 it was way too soggy)
salt
pepper
3 red bell peppers or 1 jar roasted red bell peppers (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove stems form mushrooms and chop finely (I throw them into the food processor). Place in a bowl and add breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and 3 tablespoons olive oil (I use just enough to get it to be moist). Mix with a fork to combine.
Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil on the bottom of a 9 inch baking dish (I skip this step just spray with a bit of cooking spray). Stuff mushrooms with breadcrumb mixture and place in dish. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil (I skip this too.)
Bake about 20 minutes until tops start to brown. For garnish, slice grilled or jarred red peppers into thin strips. Place 2 strips onto each mushroom, forming an 'X'.

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics