Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Vent- 6 cops babysitting the McDonalds preventing fights
1  2  Next

shoshanim999

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 1:15 pm
It makes me furious that my tax $$ in part go to pay for 6 police officers to stand around a Mcdonalds in Brooklyn to ensure that the thugs that go to school in that area don't kill each with their fists. I realize there r neighborhoods like this all over the country but this hits home since I live nearby. This is as a result of an incident that happened 2 days ago when 4 teenage girls pummeled another girl to near death, including stomping on the victim when she was on the ground and barely moving. I realize there is absolutely no solution to this problem and it will only multiply over time as more babies r born to single moms who r 15, but I just had to vent. Thank you.

perquacky

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 1:25 pm
Vent away! Or better yet, move away.
The police were put there for your protection, as well as for the protection of the kids that live in the area and go to school there.
You don't know anything about the parentage of the girls involved. Don't judge. The problems won't go away if we continue to put labels on these kids.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 1:31 pm
Yea there has got to be something wrong from cops preventing thugs from being physically violent Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 2:03 pm
no wonder cops are demotivated

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 3:32 pm
perquacky wrote:
Vent away! Or better yet, move away.
The police were put there for your protection, as well as for the protection of the kids that live in the area and go to school there.
You don't know anything about the parentage of the girls involved. Don't judge. The problems won't go away if we continue to put labels on these kids.

I don't care who the h*ll their parents are. I don't care if they are wealthy white boys in a fraternity or poverty stricken black girls in the hood.

Those kids acted like animals and I will certainly label them any title they deserve.

I'm not understanding why the OP is mad about police involvement in particular but I understand her frustration with the situation. It was a horrible thing to watch. I don't live in that area but I used to live close to there and its upsetting when it hits close to home.

yenny

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 3:41 pm
And my Italian neighbor is sick of paying taxes for police that stand outside shul every day and being by every hachnosas sefer torah every sreifas chametz every lag baomer fire every levaya every rebbeshe chasuna every religious thing we do

amother

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 4:25 pm
They are not sitting in there eating a cheese burger and sipping coffee! They are there to protect you and everyone around you. I think you'd be very upset if something happened and the cops didn't come and help. They are preventing danger. Gosh, move to a safer neighbor and pay your taxes to cops who don't need to work as hard.

Barbara

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 4:40 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
It makes me furious that my tax $$ in part go to pay for 6 police officers to stand around a Mcdonalds in Brooklyn to ensure that the thugs that go to school in that area don't kill each with their fists. I realize there r neighborhoods like this all over the country but this hits home since I live nearby. This is as a result of an incident that happened 2 days ago when 4 teenage girls pummeled another girl to near death, including stomping on the victim when she was on the ground and barely moving. I realize there is absolutely no solution to this problem and it will only multiply over time as more babies r born to single moms who r 15, but I just had to vent. Thank you.

Yes. I'm sure that it frustrates you that the police are protecting "those" kind of people. The "thugs" -- and we all know what that's 2015 for!

Its amazing what a huge percentage of posts complain about antisemitism. Yet blatant racism like yours is somehow tolerated.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 4:42 pm
Actually I call people thugs when they exhibit thug like behavior, it's got nothing to do with code speak.

smss

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 4:43 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

so you're upset that police presence is necessary. not that it's there. right?

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 5:17 pm
Barbara wrote:
Yes. I'm sure that it frustrates you that the police are protecting "those" kind of people. The "thugs" -- and we all know what that's 2015 for!

Its amazing what a huge percentage of posts complain about antisemitism. Yet blatant racism like yours is somehow tolerated.

"Thugs" in this case is code word for "nasty violent lowlife girls who almost beat to death another girl"

I use the same word for all human beings who act like animals.

You can have a white thug too.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 5:19 pm
So you are upset about the violent teens in your neighborhood not about ghd police keeping your neighborhood as secure as possible right?

Barbara

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 5:26 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
"Thugs" in this case is code word for "nasty violent lowlife girls who almost beat to death another girl"

I use the same word for all human beings who act like animals.

You can have a white thug too.

She wasn't using it to refer to the girls involved in the brawl. She was using it to refer to a large swath of teens attending local schools. Who are "thugs" to her because, well, let's be honest. They're black.

And yes, "thug" is the new "n" word.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/.....gger#

http://www.thedailybeast.com/a......html

shoshanim999

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 5:32 pm
I'm disappointed the police presence is necessary. It's a shame that the people who contribute the least, take the most. Unfortunately, the police presence is literally the only way to stop this type of behavior.

happybeingamom

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 5:34 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

You know you can say this about many gov't programs.

The military to protect us from malicious regimes.
Secret Service to protect the president, if no one would have a desire to harm the president then we wouldn't have to have our tax $$ go to that.
FEMA, if we would only have pleasant weather, no hurricanes, tornado, flooding then we wouldn't have to use our tax dollars for that.
If no one would have kids then we wouldn't have to pay taxes for their education.

There are violent people in the world, evil regimes, terrible weather, roads to be maintained etc and that is what the purpose of gov't to take care of and you need money to do that.

I think your expectations are unrealistic.

DrMom

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 1:18 pm
It sounds like the police are doing their job.

Why does this anger you?

DrMom

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 3:58 pm
Barbara wrote:

I think you are very quick to jump to the assumption of racism -- let alone "blatant" racism.

A "thug" can be used to refer to anyone works as part of a gang or organization who physically bullies people as a way to threaten them.

There are street gang thugs, mafia thugs, etc.

I actually think of someone like this when I hear that word:

(But hey, I'm old...)

Barbara

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 8:51 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
I'm disappointed the police presence is necessary. It's a shame that the people who contribute the least, take the most. Unfortunately, the police presence is literally the only way to stop this type of behavior.

Im shocked to hear frum women talking this way about the Satmar living in Kiryat Yoel, which is the poorest place in the US.

About 70 percent of the village’s 21,000 residents live in households whose income falls below the federal poverty threshold, according to the Census Bureau. Median family income ($17,929) and per capita income ($4,494) rank lower than any other comparable place in the country. Nearly half of the village’s households reported less than $15,000 in annual income. About half of the residents receive food stamps, and one-third receive Medicaid benefits and rely on federal vouchers to help pay their housing costs.

Since they are the ones taking the most, you are clearly saying that they contribute the least to American society.

Now, I know they've had some problems there, but do we really begrudge them police protection?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 10:41 pm
Good ol fashioned racist!
Exploding anger

causemommysaid

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 11:02 pm
Barbara wrote:
She wasn't using it to refer to the girls involved in the brawl. She was using it to refer to a large swath of teens attending local schools. Who are "thugs" to her because, well, let's be honest. They're black.

And yes, "thug" is the new "n" word.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/.....gger#

http://www.thedailybeast.com/a......html

I disagree. Thug can only be used on someone who dresses and acts the part. N*gger was used indiscriminately for any black person. You wouldn't call a cute old black lady in a housecoat a thug but in the 1930's you would call her a n*gger.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics