Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is your daughter going to Meohr seminary next year?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 8:51 pm
My daughter is considering going to meohr but has no friends going. She's afraid that the girls going are very into clothing, styles, name brands " jappy". She's very casual and into comfy clothing. I know there's a dress code but she's trying to figure out what type of girls are going. We need to make our decision by Monday. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:17 am
Bumping this up. She needs toms kea decision by tomorrow. She wants meohr but has no friends going. Anyone's daughter going next year?

ettilou

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:57 am
Theres an unofficial sem 2016 spreadsheet going around, ask your daughter to ask about it. It started in LA and has been to most of the major US cities and Canada. Girls get it, then add their name to the list under their sem. Let's you see who's going. I don't have it, but your daughter should have friends who do. Good luck

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:07 am
She has the list but dies t know anyone on it. Thanks.

SRS

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:45 am
What does the seminary have to offer in terms of education and direction?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 12:09 pm
I assume you're not in brooklyn or the metro area because otherwise she'd know lots of girls going.
Does your daughter or maybe even you, have some friends/contacts in brooklyn, lakewood, monsey, etc.. who might know names of girls going. do the names on the list have locations? maybe she/you can ask your contacts if they know these names and if they're her type.

good luck.

I will say though, a huge plus for any seminary is going with at least one friend. Without that, even if youre in the best seminary, the first few months (weeks if you're super sociable, outgoing, etc.) will be really hard. I personally would not want my daughter to go to a sem all by herself.

smileyface:)

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 6:36 pm
where is she going in the end?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 7:21 pm
Meohr.

DrMom

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 9:34 pm
I don't know anything about this seminary, but I'm sure she'll be able to make a few friends. All she needs is one or two friends and she'll be fine. Good luck! I hope it is a nice experience for her.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 9:46 pm
Thanks

ahuva06

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:47 am
I didn't go to Meohr but I have a couple of friends who did and they all loved it there! Hatzlocha to your daughter!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 5:28 am
Seminaries can change from year to year. I know it's not the same as when my dd went some years ago but it was a fine seminary, and a great seminary for her. The local girls who've gone the last few years are fantastic, well-rounded girls. I think the teachers who dd liked are still there too. Hatzlacha!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 3:07 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics