Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Please help me with home insurance

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:04 am
Baruch Hashem we hope to close on a condo in Brooklyn, NY within the next couple of months.

I want to get home insurance, and before calling an agent, I want to hear what types of insurance you recommend for a home-owner.

doctorima

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:20 am
I'm confused by your question. What do you mean by "what types of insurance?" AFAIK, there's only 1 type - homeowner's insurance. Obviously you can get different deductibles, and as far as coverage, I think there's little that's optional, like hurricane coverage. The main thing will be finding a reliable company with the best rates, as they can vary widely. Try Geico and several others before making your decision.

momX4

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:33 am
If you own a car get a quote for umbrella insurance. Its not that expensive and will protect your assests (home) up to the amount you take out. This is necessary in case someone decides to sue you for an unjury. If you decide to purchase it never share this info. It is for your protection.

If you own a car call your broker/ insurance for a quote first. There ia a discount for having everything insured in the same place.

redstrawberry

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:06 am
There's a very good broker in BP, superior service group. You can call them at 7186330050

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:32 pm
The reason I am asking here first is because I want to be an educated consumer before I call a broker- I don't trust them necessarily. So trying to do my research online and here, too.
Trying to figure out re: insurance in case someone sues you on your property (as mentioned), insurance for the house in case of fire, insurance for content and house in case of flood, or robbery.... don't know what else is important or not important.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics