Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kids Shoe Store Specializing in Wide Feet?

Bleemee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:09 am
I know that there are shoe stores that cater to adults with wide feet or hard fit.
Do you know of any kids stores that specialize in that in NY (preferably Brooklyn but open to anything)?

Simple1

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:25 am
I was looking for the same but I don't live in Brooklyn. In the frum stores, there are some brands that run wider, so you can stick with those.

My research online showed that Stride Rite might have wide sizes - but I know they don't have the "in" styles for the frum crowd.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:27 am
So we have the extra advantage of my children having EXTRA WIDE feet! It's impossible. What I've done is gone on zappos, ordered 5-6 pairs and kept what fit. It's amazing. The prices are comparable and they have extra wides!

kb

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:27 am
Did you try Schwartz's shoes? They have very good fitters.

If not, how about calling Rosenbaums for a recommendation?

mominwb

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:31 am
I picked up by zappos company livie and luca, adorable shoes and a wide fit. Zappos is free shipping and free return next day.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:39 am
Simple1 wrote:
I was looking for the same but I don't live in Brooklyn. In the frum stores, there are some brands that run wider, so you can stick with those.

My research online showed that Stride Rite might have wide sizes - but I know they don't have the "in" styles for the frum crowd.

Not to be annoying, but for kids with truly wide feet, this doesn't work and is so frustrating. I can't tell you how many times we go to the frummy shoe stores where they insist that the shoe fits my child even though it's not a wide, but it's cut wider than the other European shoes. Meanwhile, my kid is sitting there, his feet hurt, they're 2 or 3 inches too long and they're a fortune. I've bought shoes at these stores because they told me they fit when I didn't think they did. And my kid couldn't wear them.

Do you think they took them back?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:40 am
What are you looking for? Girld or boys? Shabbos or weekday? Maybe we can help What size?

Bleemee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:34 pm
kb wrote:

If not, how about calling Rosenbaums for a recommendation?
Excellent idea.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:34 pm
mominwb wrote:
I picked up by zappos company livie and luca, adorable shoes and a wide fit. Zappos is free shipping and free return next day.
Will check it out, thanks.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:35 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
What are you looking for? Girld or boys? Shabbos or weekday? Maybe we can help What size?
Young girl, size 28, weekday shoes (will get sneakers later). Thanks!

Simple1

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:41 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Not to be annoying, but for kids with truly wide feet, this doesn't work and is so frustrating. I can't tell you how many times we go to the frummy shoe stores where they insist that the shoe fits my child even though it's not a wide, but it's cut wider than the other European shoes. Meanwhile, my kid is sitting there, his feet hurt, they're 2 or 3 inches too long and they're a fortune. I've bought shoes at these stores because they told me they fit when I didn't think they did. And my kid couldn't wear them.

Do you think they took them back?

Only my youngest has wide feet, so not so much experience at this point. But I agree I haven't yet gotten a great fitting shoe yet. Spent too much time in fake crocs which are probably not so good for the feet.

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bleemee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:44 pm
I just bought shoes on Zappos, in a couple of sizes, thanks for that! I don't trust myself to tell if it fits, that's the only prob with online shoe shopping with a hard-to-fit kid.

pgk

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 9:35 pm
I found Schwartz's to be most helpful with my super wide footed boys, just know in advance that you can't expect to get the cutest pair or the ones that are most stylish If you're really looking for that good fit

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:15 pm
Bleemee wrote:
I just bought shoes on Zappos, in a couple of sizes, thanks for that! I don't trust myself to tell if it fits, that's the only prob with online shoe shopping with a hard-to-fit kid.

I hear that. And, after going to the mall and being fitted at 3 different stores and them not having anything in his size and then going to an additional 8!!!! stores and not finding anything and getting extremely frustrated, I knew what size he was and could just go online.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:18 pm
http://www.zappos.com/girls-flats~6i#!/girls-flats/CK_XARC11wF6BI4F2wSCAQXp2gOTGMABA-ICBQEYAg8P.zso?s=isNew/desc/productPopularity/asc/

Try this link? Are these the kinds of shoes you're looking for? (I have only boys Smile)

momofqts

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 12:43 am
I also found schwartz really honest and helpful. They tell me which is ideal for the kid and which is ok. My kids have super wide feet. They patiently try on tens of pairs/order new ones till they get best fit possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries