Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3.5yo has BO?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:07 pm
My 3.5yo DS has a smelly tush.

When he was in diapers we figured it was cause he was wearing them, but hes been trained about 6 mo and still has it. Right after his bath its fine, but by the next morning it smells when hes getting dressed. (or if he has a morning bath then halfway thru the day it starts to smell) His underwear are clean, he didnt have a bowel movement, but its just smells. kinda like stale urine.

DH thinks I should ask his dr about it. however his next well checkup is not for another half a year and I dont think I should be making an appt for it... or should I? (could there be something concerning that we should check it out?)

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 11:24 pm
How close are you getting to his tush? Like, he walks around smelly? Or, if you're right up in there? Maybe he was a yeast infection? If my kids was weirdly smelly, I'd go in for a doctor's visit. It can't hurt.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 12:06 am
well were not pressing our noses against him or anything but when we are near him and hes getting dressed we smell it. you dont really smell it when hes dressed- only undressed. and its kinda like a stale musty smell. uriney but it cant be from urine... and its been this way for months (from before he was trained) no rashes or complaints or anything from him.

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 12:10 am
I would check with the doctor. If it smells, check it out.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 12:17 am
Same here, my kid is younger and I only noticed it since toilet training so I thought maybe she wasn't being wiped well enough... then we had some vacation and were home together and I personally saw to it that she was wiped well every time and had no accidents and still got smelly. So I dunno. Doctor doesn't see anything wrong with her. It smells like urine, not like infection or anything... except that she does not have a urine problem. Her underwear doesn't come off very smelly either. Just her tush.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers