Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
A creative workbook brings excitement & relevance to tznius!
1  2  3  4  Next

Yael

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 12:01 pm

I wanted to share the release of my new creative workbook aimed at bringing relevance and excitement to modesty in dress. Adina: My Design Sketchbook is about giving girls a place to be inspired by tznius clothing.

As a mother of girls I felt there was a void in the way we reinforce tznius dressing in our girls, I wanted to create a healthy outlet for girls to express themselves in their fashion sense. It is a place where girls can play, be creative and see the limitless potential within modest dressing. They will be empowered to see all they CAN do with designing clothes that have dignity.

There is no mussar, the girls aren’t open to it. Instead the girls are pulled in thru inspiring and colorful tznius illustrations and plenty of modest starter figures to sketch their own tznius styles. In addition Adina: My Design Sketchbook has 7 sets of step by step tutorials in both clothing design and illustration. Thru these easy to follow tutorials, the girls really learn skills that will help them draw and design clothes they can feel really proud of and have fun!

Instead of hearing them say “I can’t find anything that I like that’s tznius!” We will hear more of “Oh, that’s so cute, I would wear that!” Many good, frum girls feel closed in by tznius. Some aren’t relating to how they see their role models dressing or what they are being taught about tznius in school. Here is a place where refined and halachicaly tznius clothes can be beautiful, fun, cool, colorful, really exciting!

We are hearing how families have used the book to launch conversations about what it means to dress modestly. How parents are so excited to finally be able to say “yes” to kids that are looking to express themselves creatively with clothing. The girls are drawing, sketching, and designing beautiful tznius clothes. And to them, the world of tznius clothing just became much more exciting and relevant.

I would love to hear any input from the Imamother community!

To find out more visit us at
www.adinasdesigns.com
https://www.facebook.com/adinasdesigns

Sponsored Post

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 1:30 pm
Beautiful and interesting!

Maybe include some jumpers, meaning, no defined waist. Then you wear a top under it, maybe a frilly blouse.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 4:50 pm
This looks to be a welcome and non-preachy addition to teaching tzenius. The drawings look very attractive and professional. I look forward to buying whatever version of it you print in 5 or 6 years, when my 3-year-old granddaughter will be old enough to appreciate it!

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 5:16 pm
I am a satisfied customer. I highly recommend this book.

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 5:28 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am a satisfied customer. I highly recommend this book.

I'm so glad she likes it! Thanks for the positive input! All the best! Very Happy

rosenbal

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 6:35 pm
Ordered it last week (read about it on FB link). It came today and I'm setting it aside as a Pesach present. So happy you did this. I could never buy any of the secular ones out there because of tznius. This looks great...tznius but with it! I also would never order a frumpy tznius one for my preteen. (What a turn off!)

I'm sure it takes so much work but recommend coming out with a new one every few years that reflects the current fashion trends. After all, yesterday's "cool" is today's "nerdy".

Thanks SO much!

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 6:37 pm
ynadell wrote:
I'm so glad she likes it! Thanks for the positive input! All the best! Very Happy

Loves would be a better word! Great customer service. Your book is innovative and engaging.

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 6:41 pm
rosenbal wrote:
Ordered it last week (read about it on FB link). It came today and I'm setting it aside as a Pesach present. So happy you did this. I could never buy any of the secular ones out there because of tznius. This looks great...tznius but with it! I also would never order a frumpy tznius one for my preteen. (What a turn off!)

I'm sure it takes so much work but recommend coming out with a new one every few years that reflects the current fashion trends. After all, yesterday's "cool" is today's "nerdy".

Thanks SO much!

Hope she enjoys it! I am going to start working on the next one in a little while. Just getting thru Pesach first. Very Happy

kenz

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 9:06 pm
Just ordered one too - both b/c it looks worth it and b/c an endeavor like this deserves support! Hatzlachah!

bluebird

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 10:01 pm
I love this! Something about the way you drew Adina's face gives her a real glow of kindness and sweetness.

Frum2.0

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:23 pm
This is so fantastic! My niece would love this. Do you ship worldwide? (I.e. Australia)

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:24 pm
this is a lovely, lovely project that will bring girls so much joy!

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:36 pm
Frum2.0 wrote:
This is so fantastic! My niece would love this. Do you ship worldwide? (I.e. Australia)

Thanks so much! Happy to ship worldwide. Visit my website www.adinasdesigns.com under purchase there are international shipping options. Hope that helps. All the best.

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:38 pm
Squishy wrote:
Loves would be a better word! Great customer service. Your book is innovative and engaging.

That makes me so so happy to hear!

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:44 pm
kenz wrote:
Just ordered one too - both b/c it looks worth it and b/c an endeavor like this deserves support! Hatzlachah!

Thanks for the order and the wonderful comment Smile

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:44 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
this is a lovely, lovely project that will bring girls so much joy!

Very Happy thanks!

tzniutfashion

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:45 pm
Can you remove the glitter and add more length to the skirt/dress? Also, certain chevron designs for the skirt could be an issue, I hope you don't mind.

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:47 pm
bluebird wrote:
I love this! Something about the way you drew Adina's face gives her a real glow of kindness and sweetness.

thanks! This may sound funny but Hashem really decides how the picture comes out.

ynadell

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:48 pm
tzniutfashion wrote:
Can you remove the glitter and add more length to the skirt/dress? Also, certain chevron designs for the skirt could be an issue, I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the input. I don't mind at all! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

CatLady

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 11:53 pm
This reminds me of the fun I had as a kid playing with paper dolls and making clothes for my Barbies. It kindled my love for sewing and crafts, which I enjoy to this day. Thanks so much for having a creative outlet for girls that will lead them to discovering who they are as people. That's Girl Power at its best!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics