Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Need help with finding frum Spanish music

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 4:01 am
I don't know if this exists. But my husband has south american roots and I really, really would love to get him a CD. I'm not talking about the sephardi-type music. Before he was frum, he really loved like argentinian and chilean music. It's a specific type of music, it's hard to explain. I doubt this exists in the frum world, but if anyone would be able to find me something, I would appreciate it! The normal jewish music just isn't the same for him.

Thanks!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 9:14 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s

would this sort of thing not be ok? its not treif, surely....

celesteno

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 9:18 am
Where are you located? But wouldn't the Latin jewish communities have this? If he's Spanish speaking making he should reach out to communities like in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico etc and see what they have.

baschabad

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:28 am
Yehuda Glantz! Seriously, Google him. He's from Buenos Aires and plays the charango. Watch a YouTube video of him and hopefully it's what you are looking for!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 2:51 pm
baschabad wrote:
Yehuda Glantz! Seriously, Google him. He's from Buenos Aires and plays the charango. Watch a YouTube video of him and hopefully it's what you are looking for!

OP here.

WOW! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will DEFINITELY like this!!!!!!!

You're amazing!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s

would this sort of thing not be ok? its not treif, surely....

OP here.

Yes he would really enjoy this! I have found others like this, but I was specifically looking for something jewish. But thank you, I can definitely share this with him too!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 2:52 pm
celesteno wrote:
Where are you located? But wouldn't the Latin jewish communities have this? If he's Spanish speaking making he should reach out to communities like in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico etc and see what they have.

I'm in EY. I was considering that - how could I contact them though? I'm not sure who to reach out to specifically.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 3:13 pm
When I went to my local kosher grocery store, I asked the owner about the music you're asking for in reference to the few he was selling. He was selling a few cd's. From the 4 he was selling, he said a certain is the best, but it's his brother, so he might be biased Wink . He also said all the music is in hebrew and he didn't say it was spanish type of music. I can go to a judaica store and ask them if they have any, but not this week. BTW, I live in Buenos Aires.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics