Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Can I bring stroller + carseat and base on an airplane?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 3:49 pm
I want to bring my child's stroller as well as a car seat and base (this is not a snap n go, travel system- it's a separate stroller and separate carseat/base).
Will they let me bring both on to the plane free of charge, or will they make me check it in as luggage and pay?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 4:07 pm
Depends on the airline, I would call. It's usually unclear on the website if you can take both.

We did this before and had no problems. I can't remember which airline it was though, sorry...

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 4:47 pm
Only answer is maybe, BUT it is unlikely they'll make you pay; probably they'll just gate check it.

kb

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 5:08 pm
I've done it. They take the car seat from you for free when you check on your luggage. (Oh... did you want to use the car seat on the plane?)

But call the airline to make sure.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 5:11 pm
Most airlines I know have an official policy of car seat OR stroller as a free check-in luggage. Though I don't think it's been that rigorously enforced. I've definitely seen families with car seat + buggies though most are snap n' go or bugaboo style travel systems.

miami85

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 6:16 pm
I would be careful as I just traveled with a stroller and carseat (no base, if going for a short trip don't bother with the base, you can just use the seatbelt) and the airline broke my stroller frame--an expensive one that cannot be easily replaced (part of a bigger stroller)

ez-pass

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 8:51 pm
Call the airline. I have done it many times. Just did it with delta. Have done on JetBlue and when I went to israel as well. Most times they free.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics