Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
S/O Dressing Kids in Matching- How do You Store the Clothes?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:00 pm
A bit of a silly question: I have two boys, 19 months apart (they are now 1 and 2). I have around 20 sets of pjs for them, all matching, and a couple shabbos outfits and weekday outfits that are matching. My question is, my kids sleep in separate rooms, and have separate drawers. Because of this, they are hardly ever wearing their matching clothes at the same time! How do you store your clothing? Are all of the matching outfits kept together in one room, or do you (or your husband) just make note that you have Shirt A for both kids; therefore, make sure to put on the same shirt for both kids on the same day?

Thanks!

Anon b/c I discussed this in real life

pause

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:05 pm
I've done the same thing when I had two kids in two different rooms with their clothes in separate rooms and when they were both in the same room with the clothes a shelf apart. I dress my kids. I dress one in whatever. Then I go to dress the second and choose the same whatever.

I don't see the big deal at all when they are still this young.

P.S. 20 pairs of pajamas seems like a lot for two kids!

Optione

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:11 pm
Same as pause said above

kb

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:36 pm
I don't care about pj's matching. For regular clothing (I started this before I had a baby, for dh's convenience, and continued cuz it really IS convenient!) I put the clothing away in piles of outfits (vs piles of shirts, piles of pants) and I make the piles in the same order for both kids. Top outfit in the morning goes on, and since it was put away with 'sechel' they match (or not, depending on if that outfit has a match - not all their outfits are the same)

BA

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 12:28 am
I had the same question for my boys and this is how I answered it - it seems to be working for me. My boys are all in the same room though. Pajamas and Shabbos clothing I keep in piles matching clothing together because most of that is worn matching. weekday shirts and pants I have each kid on his own shelf because only some of that stuff matches.
When I pack clothing, I pack matching outfits together.

imaima

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 6:47 am
amother wrote:
A bit of a silly question: I have two boys, 19 months apart (they are now 1 and 2). I have around 20 sets of pjs for them, all matching, and a couple shabbos outfits and weekday outfits that are matching. My question is, my kids sleep in separate rooms, and have separate drawers. Because of this, they are hardly ever wearing their matching clothes at the same time! How do you store your clothing? Are all of the matching outfits kept together in one room, or do you (or your husband) just make note that you have Shirt A for both kids; therefore, make sure to put on the same shirt for both kids on the same day?

Thanks!

Anon b/c I discussed this in real life

it is hard for me to understand why they don't wear matching. I assume u are the one who chooses outfit everyday, and in zhe end, both outfitsa usually go to the laundry.
So they should end up in the drawer again at the same speed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics