Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning for pesach

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 7:11 pm
amazing how much bleach and comet I usually use ... well in need for a quick fix I cleaned out the fridge with baking soda & vinegar with amazing results

not only does it smell fresh - there are no chemicals burning my hands or wreaking fumes in my lungs

who says we have to use harsh stuff ... let's see how far this will take me Drunken Smile

sourstix

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 7:16 pm
so tell me you put it in a basin or spritz? I find spritz much easier sometimes but I guess for larger surfaces a basin is bettEr. how did you greenie?

sourstix

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 7:17 pm
oh and howmuch of each?

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 7:33 pm
well the pieces I could take out I put in the tub with the hot water shower on a jet spray ... then I poured baking soda & vinegar and used a 2 sided sponge to scrub & wipe ... then I filled a bucket with same to wash the inside of freezer/fridge

I didn't measure the amount I used - I had no idea I would be asked for the recipe Wink try with 1/2 cup of each to say a half gallon of water

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 9:01 pm
I never use bleach or any harsh chemicals for cleaning. Baking soda is real handy when cleaning I use it all the time. I also started making the all purpose cleaner from wellnessmama.com . I love it works great cleans exceptionally well too. Now my friend talked me into getting the NSR natural cleaner she says she dilutes it to and it works just as well. I gotta say she didn't disappoint me. I shpritzed it on a bad spill in my oven that happened over shabbos, so it was a bit cooked as the oven was being used to warm the food. I came back 1/2 hour later and it more or less wiped itself off. Same thing with a nasty spoil on the stove top. I usually use baking soda with water or my melalueca tub and tile cleaner and leave it overnight, that takes more rinsing as well. With this NSR it was less time, less scrubbing, and less rinsing.

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 22 2015, 9:37 pm
I'm using Thieves Household Cleaner (a Young Living product) a lot this year, it's working great and smells great too. But I'm still using Fantastik for anything that has crevices where I want to make sure any remaining chometz is poisoned, because I don't know if anything natural counts for that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry