Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Conservative maternity wear for poor ppl
Previous  1  2

Kugglegirl

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 12:54 am
I bought this for my pregnancy & continue to wear it as a shabbas robe. It has a concealed zipper that is for nursing. The neck is a little wide if you like a close neckline, but I put a t-shirt underneath
http://www.eastessence.com/isl......html

These two I got & shortened 10 inches & wore as every day dresses

http://www.eastessence.com/isl......html --This one needs some kind of addition for the neck line, but is a great light fabric for the summer. Has pockets too.
http://www.eastessence.com/isl.....-this one has a great tsnius neckline & pockets & hidden zipper for nursing.

I know, it's a Muslim company. But the prices are so much more reasonable than anything of comparable quality in a frum store. And I personally found there was very little that was modest enough for me in Target, Old Navy, Kohls, Motherhood etc.

& it is not reasonable to try to sew a whole wardrobe while working & running a home with kids, husband, yom tov etc. Even doing alterations is not so easy to manage, so the more things are wearable as purchased, the better.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Mar 25 2015, 12:10 pm
Wow so many great ideas !! Thanks, mama mia, for your offer but I don't live near 5 towns and I don't drive Sad

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 8:37 am
amother wrote:
I've actually had a lot of success buying clothes for maternity wear in the regular section. You have to look for swingy or other styles that will accommodate a growing belly. I just bought a couple of tops at Marshalls for $20 each which will be great for maternity wear. Not free, but much cheaper than you'll find in a frum maternity store! The last month of my last pregnancy, when none of my Shabbos maternity clothes fit, I bought a non-maternity long swingy sweater which worked great both in my 9th month and postpartum (I closed it with a pretty pin). I actually feel that maternity clothes these days are made to accentuate the stomach (a tznius concern), while some non-maternity styles (perhaps made for heavier women not looking to accentuate their size) fit well for maternity and are more tzanuah.

Good luck and b'shaa tova!

100% agree!

bargainlover

Post Thu, Apr 30 2015, 10:54 am
Try pink blush maternity. They have 25 percent off today plus prices are greag to start....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics