Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
What should my kids wear for outdoor photo shoot?

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 4:21 pm
I have two girls (13 and 12) and one boy (5).

What should my kids wear for outdoor photo shoot?

Can you give your input on what the kids should wear? My choices are as follows:

1. Denim bottoms and white t-shirts
2. Black bottoms and chambray shirts
3. Navy bottoms and green and white tops

TIA

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 4:28 pm
My first choice is 1, my second is 3.

Who is doing the photo shoot for you?

Simple1

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 4:28 pm
I like option 1 the best.
I don't like green for outdoors because you want something that will contrast off the green background -assuming that's what you'll have.

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 4:29 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
My first choice is 1, my second is 3.

Who is doing the photo shoot for you?

http://www.ambersyczphoto.com/

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 4:45 pm
Oops, dunno why I assumed you're HERE (meaning Brooklyn) embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed . I am looking for decent priced lifestyle photographer in Brooklyn, if anyone has any leads.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 5:32 pm
I agree that my first thought was something that will go with the greenery outdoors if that's the kind of setting you'll have. You can go next to green on the color wheel for a subtler effect, like dark yellow which was definitely trending over the last couple of years and isn't out yet. Or you can go for contrast for more of a pop which would be reds/oranges, in darker shades so you don't look like a fire engine.

We did a shoot in Fall that came out nice, denim bottoms and each person a different color pastel top. Looked great, the clothes didn't distract, didn't clash with each other, and were't boring like white. White is OK but I felt that our pastels were nice and soft. DH wore black pants because that's all he has, with a light blue shirt. I didn't have anything clean in pastel so I was a bit off but just chose a muted color that didn't clash.

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 7:48 pm
I find that people with fair complexions tend to look washed out when wearing white shirts. That is my least favorite choice.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 9:09 pm
Would the green and white tops look good with the denim bottoms?
Also, where is the photo shoot? On the beach? At a park?

spring13

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 9:23 pm
I really like the denim and white look in general. On that photographer's site there's a family session where everyone's in those colors, but the actual items of clothing are very different (lacy tunic vs buttondown vs. babydoll dress). I'd try to create some contrast with that so it doesn't look obsessively matchy.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 10:46 pm
I like the denim and white shirts, especially if your children are olive, but it works for paler complexions as well and really allows the background to shine while still leaving the focus on the faces. If your kids are lighter and blonde, the chambray shirts may be a good idea as well, but I don't know if I'd pair that with black bottoms.

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 10:54 pm
Our family shoot was in a wooded area, and the colors were navy, white and a few shades of green.

bookworm10

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 11:16 pm
I think bright colors that complement each other look best. Like royal blue and orange, bright green and a softer yellow, etc. I don't like too much the same because then everyone looks washed out.

anonimouse

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 5:57 pm
I remember getting instructions years ago to stick with bright colours and solids for photos. White can really wash people out (and I noticed that there's a group shot on the site, where the one man wearing a white top is mostly invisible against the sea).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art