Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Nice gift ideas for a Morah...PSA

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 5:06 pm
Just wanted to share some nice gift ideas, if you would like to show your hardworking Morah some hakaras hatov. I received these gifts from various people over the years and they were so sweet! Of course, the note is really the most important for the Morah, I think I've kept all the notes over the years...

But in case there's a parent with a mental block on what to get their Morah (tasteful, but small), here are some ideas, hard to go wrong with these:

- Glass flower vase
- Embroidered hand towels with Morah's family's name
- Honey cake/home baked dessert - Rosh Hashana
- Apples/honey dish - Rosh Hashana
- Bottle of wine/toy/kids books (someone gave me this awesome Pesach book for my kids once) - Purim
- Chanuka - glass bowls for dips, platter for cake (with or without cake)
- Gift certificate to a seforim/judaica store (we've really used these...there are so many options)

- I never got this, but as unconventional as it sounds, I would find it super useful - a set of matching disposable plates, cups, napkins etc. for a Shabbos - it will save your Morah a week of washing dishes and she'll be able to entertain in style. Here in EY its rather pricey and usually outside my budget...

smss

Post Mon, Mar 23 2015, 5:25 pm
what was the inspiration for this thread? just curious.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 5:24 pm
Really just from personal experience, I have a hard time buying gifts for people, even my children's teachers....

so I thought back and decided to write a list of what I received personally...

hope it helps

Tirza

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 11:05 pm
Thank you for these suggestions! I've been wondering what to give my kids' teachers this year. Wine is a great idea!

EBY

Post Wed, May 13 2015, 1:44 am
I love my daughters's Morah! She makes B feel loved and gorgeous every single day! Thank G-d, I am in a position to spend a bit more money as my daughter is currently the only child. Would a teacher appreciate a gift certificate to a nice restaurant? Or do you think something that she can use for a long time is better?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics